Lumia 535 Bugs & Defects

Hisham mubarak

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Apps in memory card grayed out and cant access any of them ... Even worse formatting the memory card doesn't help, still can't download apps to memory card... Only hard reset can fix that... This happened second time for me...

AshutoshGupta_bdh

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Crashing apps

This phone is no good. It crashes sometimes even when I do minimal tasks like opening call logs. Their 1GB ram is of no use. My old 520 was better than this. Network problems are there. And when the phone is connected to the charger, then the screen gets pathetic. And let me tell you that the phone takes 4-5 hours to charge and In 7-8 hours the battery gets back to zero with little use of WhatsApp and no gaming and videos or web browsing. I hate microsoft. The fanboys call android lagaroid, they should rather call their microsoft by the name lagosoft, or freezosoft, or crashosoft because the phone is no better than a cheap HTC at the same price. I wish I bought an HTC android phone. I would have got snapchat, google docs, my tution centre's app, and clash of clans too. #hatewindows.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Crashing apps

This phone is no good. It crashes sometimes even when I do minimal tasks like opening call logs. Their 1GB ram is of no use. My old 520 was better than this. Network problems are there. And when the phone is connected to the charger, then the screen gets pathetic. And let me tell you that the phone takes 4-5 hours to charge and In 7-8 hours the battery gets back to zero with little use of WhatsApp and no gaming and videos or web browsing. I hate microsoft. The fanboys call android lagaroid, they should rather call their microsoft by the name lagosoft, or freezosoft, or crashosoft because the phone is no better than a cheap HTC at the same price. I wish I bought an HTC android phone. I would have got snapchat, google docs, my tution centre's app, and clash of clans too. #hatewindows.

Is your SD Card still functional? I'm also experiencing crashing issues with some of my apps in my L535, but I have isolated the cause - SD Card is already failing.

Updates have already been released to address the issue of the screen in the L535 - make sure that you have downloaded the latest updates. This issue has disappeared from my L535 after installing the latest update.

You could also try restarting your phone once in a while to free your phone of occasional lags. Take note, however, that the phone will lag during a background app update or a background app backup (i.e. when certain tiles and apps become inaccessible for a certain period of time).

markecb

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
- Facebook application loads messages and images loaded very slowly in a 3G network, regardless of whether they are full speed while having Mb or that part when the speed drops to a level after having spent Mb ...
- Viber, WhatsApp load uploaded images (measured) takes about 30 to 60 seconds it can be frustrating
- Viber indicates that the offline / online last time was when she wrote or responded to the message and the mob is always on and the settings reset to the default values
Tried to send messages with Samsung S2 where's all the same "flying", replacement cards in S2 - the same result, all the "flying" card returned to the Lumia and sent message - again the same story, sit and wait while it loads.

Viber uninstallation and reinstallation attempt was impossible over 3G - go download and only occurs at some point a mistake to do ...
Results are averaged slow (or fast) load or download simply does not pass ..
Switching and hanging on the wi-fi resulting possibility of downloading and installing ...

If you get to the average user who just said application uses 90% of the time spent on the cell phone at all this very frustrating.

Here, I do not know if anyone else had similar problems and how they were (if) solved

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
- Facebook application loads messages and images loaded very slowly in a 3G network, regardless of whether they are full speed while having Mb or that part when the speed drops to a level after having spent Mb ...
- Viber, WhatsApp load uploaded images (measured) takes about 30 to 60 seconds it can be frustrating
- Viber indicates that the offline / online last time was when she wrote or responded to the message and the mob is always on and the settings reset to the default values
Tried to send messages with Samsung S2 where's all the same "flying", replacement cards in S2 - the same result, all the "flying" card returned to the Lumia and sent message - again the same story, sit and wait while it loads.

Viber uninstallation and reinstallation attempt was impossible over 3G - go download and only occurs at some point a mistake to do ...
Results are averaged slow (or fast) load or download simply does not pass ..
Switching and hanging on the wi-fi resulting possibility of downloading and installing ...

If you get to the average user who just said application uses 90% of the time spent on the cell phone at all this very frustrating.

Here, I do not know if anyone else had similar problems and how they were (if) solved

It appears that the problem is not solely with the phone but rather also with the network, especially the quality of the signal from your network in your area. You may want to check the actual speed of your 3G network - I prefer using the Network Speed Test App. However, like any other speed testing utility, this will consume some of your MB.

It is still partially a problem with the phone since the phone antenna seems to be less efficient than, for example, the L1020 based on my own comparison; less efficient in a sense that even if 3G was set as the maximum speed for both phones I get better reception and download speeds with the L1020 than the L535... though not significantly different in areas where coverage is really poor.

I recommend connecting to WiFi whenever possible to make your L535 experience better.

And welcome to Windows Central.

Daniel Pedro Silva

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
my phone had the problem with the screen that was solved yesterday with the update to firmware 15053.24003 and OS version 8.10.14234.375

Thanks Microsoft !!!!

now the only problem that affects you is the WiFi, which are not always able to connect to available networks. only after reboot can not connect to a WiFi network. but this not happen all the time.

someone has a solution for this issue

Regards

MaverickShevy

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
my phone had the problem with the screen that was solved yesterday with the update to firmware 15053.24003 and OS version 8.10.14234.375

Thanks Microsoft !!!!

now the only problem that affects you is the WiFi, which are not always able to connect to available networks. only after reboot can not connect to a WiFi network. but this not happen all the time.

Regards

I have a newer version 15114.43004 and still have problems with the screen

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Thanks Microsoft !!!!

Regards

That seems to be an older firmware version. The update in this thread is the 15114.4xxxx. Are you using the Dual SIM variant of the L535?

And welcome to Windows Central!

I have a newer version 15114.43004 and still have problems with the screen

What variant of the L535 are you using? Dual SIM? Single SIM?

Nano Gurth

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I experience a very boring bug : whenever I use the music player (xbox music) with earphones, phone in the pocket, on my scooter, the music stops mathematically after 150-200meters max .
It didn't happen on the public bus I was using this winter.
I strongly believe the vibrations are the cause of this? or maybe the vibrations indirectly cause the faulty touch screen to interpretate a command to stop the music ?
this is annoying and important, this is one of the main feats that a phone must have for my habits..

second bug : sometimes when the phone is in standby (screen is shut off), without any external input, the screen starts lighting up..then shuts off for the standby...then few moments..lights up again..shuts off.. again and again...

I still have to discover what could be the cause of this :
-maybe the light sensor that adjusts the screen luminosity ?
-again, the fuzzy touch screen that sometimes perceives inexistent inputs ?

Last edited by a moderator:

MaverickShevy

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
second bug : sometimes when the phone is in standby (screen is shut off), without any external input, the screen starts lighting up..then shuts off for the standby...then few moments..lights up again..shuts off.. again and again...

I still have to discover what could be the cause of this :
-maybe the light sensor that adjusts the screen luminosity ?
-again, the fuzzy touch screen that sometimes perceives inexistent inputs ?

Do you have Double tap to wake on?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Firmware revision number: 02063.00000.15114.43004
and its a Dual SIM variant.

Alright, we have exactly the same firmware revision numbers and phone variant. In a separate thread, I posted an experience where my screen would respond to my fingers even if I'm not even touching my screen while it is plugged into my computer. However, I just turned the screen off and turned it on again (not a restart) and the issue never came back.

Does the issue persist? Does it continue to happen even after turning your screen off and on? After restarting your phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo