08-05-2017 10:35 AM
84 123 ...
tools
    Post below if you think your Lumia 535 has any issues or isn't behaving as it should. This thread is for the discussion & troubleshooting of any hardware or software issues.

Below is an overview of some of the terminology you may come across:

Soft Reset: By pressing down the Volume Down + Power buttons for 10-15 seconds (or until the device vibrates) you can perform a soft reset on your device. This is a little bit like a factory reset for your phone's OS only you get to keep all of your personal data. Think of it like restarting your PC. This is the first thing you should try if your device is behaving oddly.

Hard Reset: By going to settings>about>reset your phone you can completely wipe your phone of your personal data (ideal if you're going to send in your phone for repair or sell it). Your phone will turn off and you'll see spinning gears for a while (up to an hour or so) and when it's done you will see the same screens you saw when you first turned on your phone out of the box. You'll have to sign in with your Microsoft account again and start over.

How to make your Lumia's batter last longer: See the thread over at the Nokia Discussion Forum: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Lumi...0/td-p/1617864

How to reset your device's camera: Go to settings>applications>photos+camera>reset.

Remember to keep your posts as descriptive as possible so that we can try to help you fix your issue as quickly as possible!
    RumoredNow and Guytronic like this.
    01-02-2015 01:06 PM
    Speech download / keyboard language download problem / bug after the update to microsoft lumia 535.

This problem originated after microsoft issued a update to the phone. Since then speech download or keyboard language download has become impossible.

Recently Microsoft issued OTA Update for many bug fixes and touch screen problems, since then there have been problems.

New Updated Software Version causing the problem : 02055.00000.14511.22002
    Previously it was possible to download with version no for me : 02048.00000.14457.51001

Since the update the problem persists.

Microsoft needs to issue a fix to this urgently..... Their first flagship phone and this is the most annoying thing......

Microsoft Please issue a fix to this urgently !!!

lumia.jpg

BTW Changing regions doesn't help.
    Country the phone being used: India
    01-03-2015 03:49 PM
    Speech download / keyboard language download problem / bug after the update to microsoft lumia 535.

This problem originated after microsoft issued a update to the phone. Since then speech download or keyboard language download has become impossible.
    Are you able to download the speech language after reseting your phone. If so is it necessary to reset using software recovery tool or a phone reset is enough.
    01-03-2015 07:50 PM
    Are you able to download the speech language after reseting your phone. If so is it necessary to reset using software recovery tool or a phone reset is enough.
    Unfortunately phone reset won't help, if you are in the new version. If you need cortana, You need to downgrade the software version using lumia recovery tool, then disable phone updates, then you can download all the languages. But this is not recommended. Lets wait for a update. Right now it affects only lumia 535.
    01-04-2015 08:51 AM
    Unfortunately phone reset won't help, if you are in the new version. If you need cortana, You need to downgrade the software version using lumia recovery tool, then disable phone updates, then you can download all the languages. But this is not recommended. Lets wait for a update. Right now it affects only lumia 535.
    Thanks, but actually I may need to do a reset because all my apps are currently installed in phone memory as my sd card was just 4gb and of class 4. I have ordered a samsung evo class 10 microSD and will be arriving most probably tomorrow. So I am thinking of doing a phone reset. So would you suggest a phone reset or a reset using recovery tool, Also if I reset using recovery tool will my warranty be void.
    01-04-2015 10:12 AM
    Recently downgraded my phone and installed all necessary speech and keyboard languages. After that updated my phone. Cortana [alpha] is working now. The most amazing part was that my touch problems have been vanished. My phone is working perfectly now. Anyone out there before trying this please do try and reset your phone. I did a reset before downgrading my phone just to check if I could download the speech languages. The touch problem was removed at reset also. So if a reset fixes touch problem then there is no need for a downgrade.
    01-08-2015 12:13 AM
    I got a dead pixel which follow the accent color.....
    01-09-2015 10:44 AM
    Purchased app got lost or not, after reset
    01-09-2015 01:28 PM
    speech download / keyboard language download problem / bug after the update to microsoft lumia 535.

this problem originated after microsoft issued a update to the phone. Since then speech download or keyboard language download has become impossible.

Recently microsoft issued ota update for many bug fixes and touch screen problems, since then there have been problems.

New updated software version causing the problem : 02055.00000.14511.22002
    previously it was possible to download with version no for me : 02048.00000.14457.51001

since the update the problem persists.

Microsoft needs to issue a fix to this urgently..... Their first flagship phone and this is the most annoying thing......

Microsoft please issue a fix to this urgently !!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lumia.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	92851

btw changing regions doesn't help.
    Country the phone being used: India
    This problem is now fixed as of 11Jan2015.
    Additional Speech and Keyboard Languages can be downloaded now.
    01-12-2015 09:56 AM
    Touch is still very laggy after the update tried both soft and hard resetting!! Wtf!! **** you Microsoft after being a loyal customer for so many dam years!
    01-14-2015 10:25 PM
    GPS not working properly on my Lumia 535, it take very long time for locking current position and often it wont work at all. Anyone have the same problem here?
    matt john2 likes this.
    01-29-2015 04:20 AM
    GPS not working properly on my Lumia 535, it take very long time for locking current position and often it wont work at all. Anyone have the same problem here?
    I also have the same problem with my 1020 running DP. I did soft reset but it didn't help. It only works when I'm at home
    01-29-2015 04:37 AM
    ISSUE WITH TOUCH LUMIA 535

Its really annoying. Touch is really fizzy. Please help to get rid of this problem.
    02-01-2015 12:27 PM
    I don't think Microsoft engineers are so smart that they can fix this issue... The last update was just for name sake haha, seriously just offer us refunds and move on....
    02-18-2015 12:22 PM
    same issue. going to give the phone back really. If i can't use the gps its useless to me.
    02-19-2015 12:12 PM
    Sensor settings not open, after try to open this section, any other sections throw errors. Any Solution ?
    At my phone heat during plaing sensor become crazy.
    02-21-2015 02:47 AM
    Try soft reset, my is normal
    02-21-2015 02:51 AM
    I don't know;
    fact is that my screen is not working anymore. today it stops working. request a repair bij nokia. see what they will do
    02-21-2015 02:28 PM
    My phone heats a lot when I play. Shadow fight 2, in fact I have it in low graphic setting.
    02-21-2015 11:50 PM
    Ambient light sensor doesn't work properly especially under bright day light.
    03-03-2015 09:26 AM
    Apps in memory card grayed out and cant access any of them ... Even worse formatting the memory card doesn't help, still can't download apps to memory card... Only hard reset can fix that... This happened second time for me...
    03-03-2015 09:48 AM
    This phone is no good. It crashes sometimes even when I do minimal tasks like opening call logs. Their 1GB ram is of no use. My old 520 was better than this. Network problems are there. And when the phone is connected to the charger, then the screen gets pathetic. And let me tell you that the phone takes 4-5 hours to charge and In 7-8 hours the battery gets back to zero with little use of WhatsApp and no gaming and videos or web browsing. I hate microsoft. The fanboys call android lagaroid, they should rather call their microsoft by the name lagosoft, or freezosoft, or crashosoft because the phone is no better than a cheap HTC at the same price. I wish I bought an HTC android phone. I would have got snapchat, google docs, my tution centre's app, and clash of clans too. #hatewindows.
    03-29-2015 03:41 PM
    So do you want an advice about the crashing apps or was this just a rant?
    gpobernardo and Guytronic like this.
    03-29-2015 03:54 PM
    This phone is no good. It crashes sometimes even when I do minimal tasks like opening call logs. Their 1GB ram is of no use. My old 520 was better than this. Network problems are there. And when the phone is connected to the charger, then the screen gets pathetic. And let me tell you that the phone takes 4-5 hours to charge and In 7-8 hours the battery gets back to zero with little use of WhatsApp and no gaming and videos or web browsing. I hate microsoft. The fanboys call android lagaroid, they should rather call their microsoft by the name lagosoft, or freezosoft, or crashosoft because the phone is no better than a cheap HTC at the same price. I wish I bought an HTC android phone. I would have got snapchat, google docs, my tution centre's app, and clash of clans too. #hatewindows.
    Is your SD Card still functional? I'm also experiencing crashing issues with some of my apps in my L535, but I have isolated the cause - SD Card is already failing.

Updates have already been released to address the issue of the screen in the L535 - make sure that you have downloaded the latest updates. This issue has disappeared from my L535 after installing the latest update.

You could also try restarting your phone once in a while to free your phone of occasional lags. Take note, however, that the phone will lag during a background app update or a background app backup (i.e. when certain tiles and apps become inaccessible for a certain period of time).
    03-29-2015 03:57 PM
    - Facebook application loads messages and images loaded very slowly in a 3G network, regardless of whether they are full speed while having Mb or that part when the speed drops to a level after having spent Mb ...
    - Viber, WhatsApp load uploaded images (measured) takes about 30 to 60 seconds it can be frustrating
    - Viber indicates that the offline / online last time was when she wrote or responded to the message and the mob is always on and the settings reset to the default values
    Tried to send messages with Samsung S2 where's all the same "flying", replacement cards in S2 - the same result, all the "flying" card returned to the Lumia and sent message - again the same story, sit and wait while it loads.

Viber uninstallation and reinstallation attempt was impossible over 3G - go download and only occurs at some point a mistake to do ...
    Results are averaged slow (or fast) load or download simply does not pass ..
    Switching and hanging on the wi-fi resulting possibility of downloading and installing ...

If you get to the average user who just said application uses 90% of the time spent on the cell phone at all this very frustrating.

Here, I do not know if anyone else had similar problems and how they were (if) solved
    03-31-2015 08:24 PM
84 123 ...