On my Lumia 535, WP8.1 why are the apps on my SD card not loading?

Bradex

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I bought a brand new Microsoft Lumia 535 yesterday along with a SanDisk 16GB microSD card. Made default location for installing as SD card and moved all possible apps also to SD card. Then after the first restart none of the apps on SD card are loading. They are grayed out on the list. Moreover I am also not able to download any new app to the SD card. It just stalls as pending.

I have tried soft reset, hard reset multiple times. Took the phone to a nokia care centre. They reinstalled software, resetted multiple times, the end result is the same.

Harrowing experience. Will never buy a Microsoft/nokia product again.

If anybody can help, please do!

PS:
All latest updates till date have been installed
Time settings are fine!
I have tried erasing the SD card while resetting phone as well!
I was able to see other music and videos I had added to my SD card.
The apps moved to SDcard are not shifting back to main memory

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 535, WP8.1: Apps on SD card not loading

I for one cant test this for you now,getting two 535 month end,only then I can check,have you tried another micro SD? What class is the micro SD?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

It a problem of your SD card. You should use at least a class 6 and even better a class 10 card. But what you can do now is format your class 4 card in your phone and install the apps again. If this does not work get a new SD card.

Bradex

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

After every factory reset, all apps gets installed in the microSD card initially, but after the first restart the phone does not load the apps on microSDcard.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

You did everything you could and still it does not work. Very frustrating.
I also have no idea anymore.

What are you going to do now?

Bradex

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

Well, I'm gonna ask for a replacement. If suppose I lose the argument and microsoft does not replace me with a new phone, then I plan to use the phone memory for apps and the SD card for photos and videos. I may not be able to use a whole lot of apps and games but I will definitely able to use the essential bunch. A compromise, but I will be able to use the phone at least!

kenvan69

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site

same problem here at my Lumia 535! SO SENSITIVE on its application! i restarted my phone, get a battery to insert a new sim, after that i turn it on, after that all my applications are gone! i do resets several times and a format my sd card! im so pissed off that i can throw my lumia, Shet! :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Rifti Purnama

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site

maybe, there are some problem that looks can cause this crash: (once again, maybe)

1. sd card with 16gb storage, like me and others at this forum. i'm use sandisk 16 gb 48MB/s.
2. Bad App, like "gesture beta" from other link at this forum. personally, I curious because of BBM-blackberry messenger (works very bad)
3. power failure(not sure yet). originally charger use about 0.5 mAh output.

Hisham mubarak

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't know your problem did solved.. I have faced same problem before with my class 6 SanDisk.. all the apps in sd card is not opening and even I uninstalled those apps they still cant get downloaded again.. But apps in phone memory doesn't have any trouble.. I have tried many things with my phone several times reseted it.. But after a while I discovered my other storage is increased(windows phone OS can't access those files.. Check storage sense, usually apps data are shown in application section but in my case it was in other storage those are files which can't be accessed by OS) now I tried formatting my sd card but still had some troubles.. Then I realized it's not a problem with phone but it was with the sd card... I changed my sd card.. And did a hard reset now I don't have any trouble. ...

Ragupathi

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
After restart the phone will scan sd card it will take time wait for 20 mins after scanning it will install all the apps use class 10 card

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
After restart the phone will scan sd card it will take time wait for 20 mins after scanning it will install all the apps use class 10 card

Get your sd card out of your phone.(using the proper procedure) and scan it on errors in your PC. And see what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire