01-10-2016 11:55 PM
35 12
tools
    I bought a brand new Microsoft Lumia 535 yesterday along with a SanDisk 16GB microSD card. Made default location for installing as SD card and moved all possible apps also to SD card. Then after the first restart none of the apps on SD card are loading. They are grayed out on the list. Moreover I am also not able to download any new app to the SD card. It just stalls as pending.

I have tried soft reset, hard reset multiple times. Took the phone to a nokia care centre. They reinstalled software, resetted multiple times, the end result is the same.

Harrowing experience. Will never buy a Microsoft/nokia product again.

If anybody can help, please do!

PS:
    All latest updates till date have been installed
    Time settings are fine!
    I have tried erasing the SD card while resetting phone as well!
    I was able to see other music and videos I had added to my SD card.
    The apps moved to SDcard are not shifting back to main memory
    01-05-2015 08:05 AM
    I for one cant test this for you now,getting two 535 month end,only then I can check,have you tried another micro SD? What class is the micro SD?
    01-05-2015 08:09 AM
    Class 4, haven't tried other cards
    01-05-2015 08:25 AM
    It a problem of your SD card. You should use at least a class 6 and even better a class 10 card. But what you can do now is format your class 4 card in your phone and install the apps again. If this does not work get a new SD card.
    01-05-2015 08:38 AM
    Hm. Thanks for the suggestion. Will try with a different one!
    01-05-2015 08:41 AM
    Tried Class 10 microSD same issue persists
    01-05-2015 09:26 AM
    After every factory reset, all apps gets installed in the microSD card initially, but after the first restart the phone does not load the apps on microSDcard.
    01-05-2015 10:04 AM
    You did everything you could and still it does not work. Very frustrating.
    I also have no idea anymore.

What are you going to do now?
    01-05-2015 10:37 AM
    Well, I'm gonna ask for a replacement. If suppose I lose the argument and microsoft does not replace me with a new phone, then I plan to use the phone memory for apps and the SD card for photos and videos. I may not be able to use a whole lot of apps and games but I will definitely able to use the essential bunch. A compromise, but I will be able to use the phone at least!
    01-05-2015 11:28 AM
    Thanks for the help! :)
    01-05-2015 11:30 AM
    same problem here at my Lumia 535! SO SENSITIVE on its application! i restarted my phone, get a battery to insert a new sim, after that i turn it on, after that all my applications are gone! i do resets several times and a format my sd card! im so pissed off that i can throw my lumia, Shet!
    01-05-2015 10:07 PM
    same here, alternative are del all app at sd card, and install again at phone
    01-07-2015 06:47 PM
    maybe, there are some problem that looks can cause this crash: (once again, maybe)

1. sd card with 16gb storage, like me and others at this forum. i'm use sandisk 16 gb 48MB/s.
    2. Bad App, like "gesture beta" from other link at this forum. personally, I curious because of BBM-blackberry messenger (works very bad)
    3. power failure(not sure yet). originally charger use about 0.5 mAh output.
    01-07-2015 08:35 PM
    hope Microsoft fix this asap
    01-07-2015 08:36 PM
    Hi, check your storage sense... your app data might be moved to other storage...
    01-07-2015 08:44 PM
    I think nowhere else, except sd card or phone
    there are something I miss?
    01-07-2015 11:52 PM
    I don't know your problem did solved.. I have faced same problem before with my class 6 SanDisk.. all the apps in sd card is not opening and even I uninstalled those apps they still cant get downloaded again.. But apps in phone memory doesn't have any trouble.. I have tried many things with my phone several times reseted it.. But after a while I discovered my other storage is increased(windows phone OS can't access those files.. Check storage sense, usually apps data are shown in application section but in my case it was in other storage those are files which can't be accessed by OS) now I tried formatting my sd card but still had some troubles.. Then I realized it's not a problem with phone but it was with the sd card... I changed my sd card.. And did a hard reset now I don't have any trouble. ...
    01-08-2015 09:28 AM
    I do hard reset too, and that happen again.. T_T
    01-09-2015 11:55 PM
    After restart the phone will scan sd card it will take time wait for 20 mins after scanning it will install all the apps use class 10 card
    01-10-2015 05:24 AM
    After restart the phone will scan sd card it will take time wait for 20 mins after scanning it will install all the apps use class 10 card
    Get your sd card out of your phone.(using the proper procedure) and scan it on errors in your PC. And see what happens.
    01-10-2015 05:30 AM
    Hi Hisham mubarak,

Could you tell me what are all the steps you have done to rectify the issue in Lumia 535 and what Micro SD card brand did you purchase? please give a clear idea. It will be helpful for us.
    02-06-2015 09:42 AM
    Hi Hisham mubarak,

Could you tell me what are all the steps you have done to rectify the issue in Lumia 535 and what Micro SD card brand did you purchase? please give a clear idea. It will be helpful for us.
    Ohhhh I'm sorry... I'm done with this phone... Two days before I have installed 2 new languages to phone after installing both (as you know, through the phone update) I restarted my phone again but the apps in memory card are gone... I have found some interesting points though...

1) Its not hardware trouble...
    2) even if you uninstall those apps in your memory card its data will transfer into other memory... So my phone can't even completely remove the app...
    3) even if you format (erase) your memory card, You cant download apps to your memory card.. It's only fixed by a hard reset..
    4) it's looks like a software trouble so your class 10 sd won't help. And I think we can probably find a solution somehow...
    02-09-2015 07:47 PM
    Using lumia 535 with samsung class-10 32GB sd card. From yesterday onwards the application installed in SD card is not loading and I have uninstalled all the application from SD card and not able to installed the application again in SD card getting error 805a201d.

* Also recently reset the phone from settings.
    * Phone update are up to date
    * Windows account are already configured.
    * Also not able to move the application from phone to memory card and memory card to phone.

Every time after the phone reset only I could load the music, photo and can installed the appication in SD Card.

We can’t reset the phone every time to install the application in SD card and before reset the phone we have to backup all our stuffs. For backup the Stuff Backup also not completing full it's got struck after completed 96% . totally I am pissed off with this mobile functionalities.
    02-20-2015 08:38 AM
    I've had some issues explained here on almost all of my Windows Phones that supported microSD cards. The only way I got them fixed was after a complete hard reset and format the microSD on a PC, I use the exFAT format. I've seen this happen after moving an application to the microSD followed by a reboot, this usually messes up the app and makes the phone unstable. Something tells me that the OS needs to reindex (or it's equivalent) the files on the microSD before its rebooted. I guess it's better to leave the apps installed on the phone for a while and then move the apps to the microSD. Reboot only after a few hours
    Harrie-S likes this.
    02-20-2015 09:12 AM
    I Think the problem isn't with the memory card or hardware... It might be with the OS I hote the next update will fix it.
    02-22-2015 11:05 AM
35 12