Update for touch issue

Crimson Typhoon

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello community,

A friend of mine has bought Lumia 535, but he complains about touch screen issue. Sometimes screen is not responsive, sometimes when he clicks for example letter K, it writes other letter and so on. I hope you will get what the problem is.

Also, I have read that MS has recently send updates, that fix touch issue, but he ain't go one.

Can you help me guys to solve this problem?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
He needs to wait for the update and install it. This could possibly fix the issue. But MS also already reported that it doesn't work on all device, as some seem to be defective. These need to be either replaced or sent in for repair.

hyui

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
have a look here (microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/) search your country and check, what os version and what firmware version is available.
for single SIM 535 the operation system should be 8.10.14219.341 after installing the fix with firmware 02054.00000.14485.37xxx and dual SIM 535 would have os 8.10.14226.359 and fw 02055.00000.14511.22xxx.
Than check the versions of the Lumia 535 under "settings > info".

But since the fix does not solve the problem completely, you are supposed to have the cell phone repaired -> take it to the service center.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Isn't this update sent to all devices simultaneously? So what should I advice him? take to the service center or wait for update?

No, there are many different variations of both the 535 and 535 Dual SIM (each country, network, even phone colour is a separate variant). Each variant will receive updates at different times.

Ask him to go to Settings, Then 'About' and let us know what firmware version he has installed, also which country are you in?

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
That firmware version already includes the touchscreen bug "fix". Obviously it hasn't fixed the problem, so it looks like the device will either need to be replaced or repaired.

Crimson Typhoon

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
If they replace the phone that he has, what is the probability that new phone will not have the same issue?

One more question, is it possible to make navigation bar's black line disappear during playing a game?

Last edited:

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
He will need to contact a Microsoft care point or service centre, they should ensure that he receives working hardware.

Only if the games are suited to run at the phones screen resolution. If the games are designed for WVGA they will always leave a space for the nav bar.

Also, you should probably remove the screenshot you posted, as it is dangerous to post your IMEI information on the internet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs