Locked Out of phone, while phone in pocket and screen lock was on!

styeffo69

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone help me please, over the past week whilst my phone was in my pocket and locked there seems to have been something switching on a screen magnify option, this has happened a few times and on each occasion, ive popped out the battery and restarted it.....fine.

However today the same happened and so i did the same, but when i put the phone back on it says please try again in 93,604 minutes.......i havent had it a week yet and i feel its on its way back to the shop.....any advice please as i think its a great phone.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Instead of returning it you could do a hard reset and restore a backup to it. I'm not sure of the button combo for a 535 hard reset but I'm sure they are here in the forums somewhere.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
The first problem is easily solved with double tapping with two fingers.

Not sure how to solve the second one, but next time, use a bigger pocket.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
And to prevent the accidental launch of the screen magnifier. Go to settings > ease of access > and switch of "screen magnifier"

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
You didn't have to hard reset, all you needed was a valid SIM that would connect to the network. My guess is the time/date was off on the lock screen? Once it updates the date/time the lock is removed. I learned this after disconnecting the battery to fix a 925.

styeffo69

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
You didn't have to hard reset, all you needed was a valid SIM that would connect to the network. My guess is the time/date was off on the lock screen? Once it updates the date/time the lock is removed. I learned this after disconnecting the battery to fix a 925.

Fair point, my SiM was in there and valid, but auto update time was not on.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise