black screen of death

mr masoumi

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
yesterday everything was fine on my phone
i put it on charge
after 1 hour when try to unlock and check viber , screen was black and there wasnt any light !!!
try to restart , using recover tools for install firmaware again....
nothing help me
when i show it service man , he said we need to change lcd!!

wth is this 535 ?

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
yesterday everything was fine on my phone
i put it on charge
after 1 hour when try to unlock and check viber , screen was black and there wasnt any light !!!
try to restart , using recover tools for install firmaware again....
nothing help me
when i show it service man , he said we need to change lcd!!

wth is this 535 ?

Lucky if you are under warranty! First touchscreen issue, then lcd not working, then we have got other build issues, looks like the 535 was a beta release of a phone and it quite changes consumer perception as MSFT's first phone. This is surely gonna affect consumers decision about purchasing the next handsets from Microsoft!

mr masoumi

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Lucky if you are under warranty! First touchscreen issue, then lcd not working, then we have got other build issues, looks like the 535 was a beta release of a phone and it quite changes consumer perception as MSFT's first phone. This is surely gonna affect consumers decision about purchasing the next handsets from Microsoft!

no more MS
quallity very bad after switching nokia to MS
hate stephan

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
no more MS
quallity very bad after switching nokia to MS
hate stephan
You should not have any more reason to hate MSFT. Stay tuned for Lumia 640 and 640 xl announced a week back at Mobile World Congress!. I got much more reason to love them for making this possible! Great hardware at such affordable cost! If you are ready to spend some more bucks on a WP, then I would highly recommend you to get either one of them !

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I think charging Microsoft as bad at building phones, is a tad harsh. Sadly there will be defects in any manufacture line. Even Apple send out the odd dud phone! My 535 is brilliant so far, I'm sure the same is true for many others.

Hopefully your next one is better.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I think charging Microsoft as bad at building phones, is a tad harsh. Sadly there will be defects in any manufacture line. Even Apple send out the odd dud phone! My 535 is brilliant so far, I'm sure the same is true for many others.

Hopefully your next one is better.

Yea...maybe because it was their first phone and they didn't manage well, but that doesn't mean the others are gonna be the same, hopefully they will be better than the current line of Windows phones, lets hope for the best and wait for what MSFT has in store for us.😉

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Yea...maybe because it was their first phone and they didn't manage well, but that doesn't mean the others are gonna be the same, hopefully they will be better than the current line of Windows phones, lets hope for the best and wait for what MSFT has in store for us.��
Perhaps, the things is I have a 535 and it's been a brilliant device for me so far. No problems, sure the odd touch problem, but I get that at times with my iPad too (for instance when typing here my iPad lags and it misses letters - it's an a7 processor so not old).

Quality with all manufacturers has an element of unpredictability, it's sinply the draw back of mass manufacturing things.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
mr masoumi: I had the same issue after a month or so, and searching the internet showed that we are not isolated cases (though not so frequent either). LCD dies during charge, and, most of us have discovered the situation the next morning.

I dropped mine at the Nokia Care on the 27/2, should be back tomorrow. I've seen, by the repair center website, my IMEI has changed, which means whether motherboard has been changed, or, and it's more likely, that I'll get a replacement device.

I remember the Nokia N8 had a similar issue. All of a sudden, the motherboard could die and the N8 turned into a brick. For the 535, it's a bit different, it's only the screen. I called myself, etc. everything was OK, except the screen remaining blank.

If it's under warranty (and it should be, as the 535 is quite new), Nokia/MS should cover it.

I'll tell you tomorrow or when I have my 535 what they have done to it, if it can help you deciding your next step (Care or not).

mr masoumi

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
mr masoumi: I had the same issue after a month or so, and searching the internet showed that we are not isolated cases (though not so frequent either). LCD dies during charge, and, most of us have discovered the situation the next morning.

I dropped mine at the Nokia Care on the 27/2, should be back tomorrow. I've seen, by the repair center website, my IMEI has changed, which means whether motherboard has been changed, or, and it's more likely, that I'll get a replacement device.

I remember the Nokia N8 had a similar issue. All of a sudden, the motherboard could die and the N8 turned into a brick. For the 535, it's a bit different, it's only the screen. I called myself, etc. everything was OK, except the screen remaining blank.

If it's under warranty (and it should be, as the 535 is quite new), Nokia/MS should cover it.

I'll tell you tomorrow or when I have my 535 what they have done to it, if it can help you deciding your next step (Care or not).

tnx msirapain
if u can talk with care , plz ask em what should i replace
cuz we dont have care in our country
and our service man dont know what happen for phone
and what should they change ....
so any help is great for me

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Well my 535 is back, they haven't touched the touch panel or whatever, but the motherboard.

The guy at the care was pretty helpless in terms of advice, as they only send the Nokia phones to the unique repair center in France, and get them back. Everything seems fine, it was flashed with latest OS and FW of course, I'm restoring now to see if the touchscreen situation has been improved or not.

But so, for the black screen of death --> motherboard has to be changed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6