Where can I find the Microsoft Camera on the app list?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Can't find the Microsoft Camera on the app list

I bought a lumia 535 a few days ago for secondary use. The phone had lumia camera as the default camera app. What's interesting is that on camera+photos tab, it allowed me to choose in between lumia camera and Microsoft camera as the default app, whereas the Microsoft camera is no where to be found on my app list.
The funniest thing is that, when the default camera is set to Microsoft camera, a bing search for camera settings does indeed open up the Microsoft camera and so far the only way to open the app.
Am I the only one with this?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't find the Microsoft Camera on the app list

MS Camera is just named Camera once again in app list. Not sure why it would not be showing, perhaps a soft reset will fix the problem. Hold down power + vol down for 10 seconds and let it restart itself.

iamfoxxx

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
simple........
just follow these steps.....
1. First switch from lumia camera to Microsoft camera from Settings > Applications > Photos+Camera > Default camera app
2. Put camera in action center it will open the Microsoft camera after make it as default app in setting.
voila.....here u go.........

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft Camera has been removed from the apps list in all new Lumia phones. It isn't available on the 435, 532, 640 or 640 XL either.

You can set it as default and launch it from an action centre 'camera' shortcut.

The only way to add it as a tile on the start screen is to restore a backup from an older Lumia (such as the 520). Just make sure the older Lumia has the tile on the start screen (it won't appear in the apps list) before backing up.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs