New Update My Lumia 535

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm from Philippines and I haven't received this update, and my phone still says that it's up-to-date. Checked with Lumia Software Recovery Tool and Windows Phone Recovery Tool, both still says that .240xx is still up-to-date.

People from my country have already received the same update. Should I be concerned?

P.S. My phone is not enrolled at the preview for dev program.

Added info: Got this phone from SUN Cellular Post-Paid Plan. April 1, 2015.

I'm going with msirapian's advice - just wait for the update to arrive to your phone.

Out of curiosity, this Microsoft page doesn't say anything about a Sun Cellular variant of the L535 for the Philippines. There's a strong possibility that the webpage itself is not updated since the firmware number indicated there for the L535 is also not updated (still at 15053), but I'd like to verify: is your L535 "locked" to Sun Cellular?

Kimutai

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Anyone got the lumia 535 latest update over ota??

In Kenya I haven't received any update, app updates have been dormant also for over two weeks

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
A guy on a French forum has contacted Microsoft France, about the update, and more precisely, to know will it fix his touchscreen issues.

Answer: send your device to the Care to get it repaired ASAP, the next update is NOT about the touchscreen issue.

Brent Palisoc

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm going with msirapian's advice - just wait for the update to arrive to your phone.

Out of curiosity, this Microsoft page doesn't say anything about a Sun Cellular variant of the L535 for the Philippines. There's a strong possibility that the webpage itself is not updated since the firmware number indicated there for the L535 is also not updated (still at 15053), but I'd like to verify: is your L535 "locked" to Sun Cellular?

Yes, it's locked to Sun Cellular. Although you can still use other networks as long as you put Sun Cellular on one of the sim slots.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it's locked to Sun Cellular. Although you can still use other networks as long as you put Sun Cellular on one of the sim slots.

Alright. Thanks for the info.

So, are you experiencing any touch screen issues that you're hoping the new update would fix, or were you just concerned that your not yet receiving the update?

If the first, then in conjunction with certain posts in this thread (post 14 and 45), the update is only very minor and as of this point only having the screen replaced has greater chances of improving the touch screen reliability. I haven't tried taking my phone to the service center and claim the 12-month free parts replacement warranty yet, but you can try contacting either Sun or Nokia Care and see if they would recognize the world-wide flaw with the L535 screen and replace it.

If the second, just wait for the update. It's most probably being held back or tweaked by Sun since it is a Carrier variant.

Brent Palisoc

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Alright. Thanks for the info.

So, are you experiencing any touch screen issues that you're hoping the new update would fix, or were you just concerned that your not yet receiving the update?

If the first, then in conjunction with certain posts in this thread (post 14 and 45), the update is only very minor and as of this point only having the screen replaced has greater chances of improving the touch screen reliability. I haven't tried taking my phone to the service center and claim the 12-month free parts replacement warranty yet, but you can try contacting either Sun or Nokia Care and see if they would recognize the world-wide flaw with the L535 screen and replace it.

If the second, just wait for the update. It's most probably being held back or tweaked by Sun since it is a Carrier variant.

At first, I was experiencing touch problems, especially if my hands are sweaty. Fortunately, matte screen protector took care of that. Now, I'm just concerned of not getting an update, not particularly this update, but all updates in the future.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
While the update is the minor one compared to the previous two, this minor update to me is the best so far. The touch experience while nowhere near my L920 and 1520, it is now very bearable and useable.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
While the update is the minor one compared to the previous two, this minor update to me is the best so far. The touch experience while nowhere near my L920 and 1520, it is now very bearable and useable.

Are you using the dual SIM variant of the L535?

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
just updated the phone , touch is really smooth , not perfect but really noticeable when compared to old condition.
4 fingers are easy moving fine in multi touch , 5th one is moving fine is slowly.
there was problem like when i pushed the backspace button auto pressed keys event was occuring , now gone , touch panel is sensitive i think
but in the end , touch panel was replaced week ago , but now i can say its better then before

One problem is wifi stability in lumia 535 , still same unstable signals when in low range signal lost and connected and lost , unlike my lumia 520 which was always stay connected !

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 535 got a new update.

Hello guys, Lumia 535 got OTA update from today in India. Please check your phone update from your Windows phone settings.
We are happy to hear your comments.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre