How to solve GPS problem on Lumia 535?

Fabio Mendonca

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 535 win W8.1 with all the updates since I bought it (January) and i've never been able to get Localisation from the GPS.
I've used Waze, Sygic, Here+ Drive, etc, and all of them aren't geting the info from the GPS. the most i've got is the localisation from GSM or WiFi.
Is there any way I can solve this?
Thanks

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
:( Nop .. tried that, and also restore from the settings menu and even restore with Windwos Phone Recovery Tool through my PC.

Welcome to Windows central.

Can you explain in more detail what you mean.
Is it if you use airplane mode you do not get a location at all, our without a SIM and not connected to wifi. If so your device has a defect.
(The gps in windows phone is a a-GPS which means it uses cellular triangulation to get faster location.)

Fabio Mendonca

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Well for example.... my phone with 3G and GPS ON in a car ride I turn on WAZE and set mu destination .... it gets my location (aproximated) but shows a message telling No GPS SIGNAL. (I wait and wait and wait and he stills fails to get the GPS Signal).
Tried the same with SYGIC and HERE+ .. same problem. no GPS

IkeVeles

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
It's important to know that Lumia 535 has A-GPS (Assisted GPS). That means that you can't use GPS without internet (Data or Wi-Fi).

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's important to know that Lumia 535 has A-GPS (Assisted GPS). That means that you can't use GPS without internet (Data or Wi-Fi).

As I've said in another place you've posted, Assisted-GPS means that the phone can dramatically improve the time to get a GPS fix using cellular, but it doesn't mean that internet is required.

Vernek

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
Same problem here. I have everything:
3G, GPS ON, Wifi ON.
And I got accurate connection only when I am at home (connected to wifi), with 3G connection I have accuracy of 4km... It is imposible to use it while driving car.
2 times back from service with information "All service parameters in norm". They didn't even check it! Only reseted device... No one want to help me with it from their side.

overlordhu

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
I think I have finally found a workaround for this problem! My Lumia 730 had the same no-gps bug and I was searching for a solution when I found in a forum that an app "Hardware Tests" is capable of checking the GPS hardware itself. My phone was always able to find the exact location when I had a Wifi connection, but never without it.

The trick is to launch the "Hardware test" app, open up GPS test, and wait till it shows a reception based on Satellite instead of GSM or whatever. Then quit the app and start Here, an you have a working GPS reception! Enjoy! (No Wifi or data connection required!)

suraj mehra

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
All the phones have an A-GPS system. Still other phone's gps works good in offline mode. Some of my friends have lumia 535 and they are facing the same problem. I think there might be a problem with lumia 535 devices..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss