Just got an OTA. Don't know what's changed!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
You may find this thread and this thread useful. Basically, it was purported to be an update that will improve the reliability of the touch screen in the L535. However, users reported mixed findings regarding this. Most of the users who experienced improved touch screen reliability from the update are those with the L535 Dual SIM variant, so you might notice the same improvements; those who didn't have the L535 Dual SIM Variant consistently reported not experiencing any improvements, at times with conviction and un-called-for emotion.

It must be mentioned, though, that a few of those with the Dual SIM Variant later noticed that the screen reliability decreased.

Let us know your own findings in line with this, and welcome to Windows Central.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
According to MS, the last 535 update (02063.xxxx) is *not* related to touchscreen issue (or to be precise, it's not supposed to fix it).

Still waiting for that update in France BTW.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
According to MS, the last 535 update (02063.xxxx) is *not* related to touchscreen issue (or to be precise, it's not supposed to fix it).

Still waiting for that update in France BTW.

Thanks a lot for this information. The improved reliability of a number of L535s must just be a coincidence. However, we may need a reference for this one. Will update the Lumia 535 New Update thread with this once the reference is posted.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Oh, that was actually the thread in the link in my response to you.:cool:

I'd rather find a direct source, since that would be secondary information from the guy who posted it. I have contacted @LumiaHelp on this. Will update with their response.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Here's something that should answer questions about the 15114 firmware update for the Lumia 535.

I've contacted Microsoft and here's their response to my query. My question was: "For the Lumia 535 (Single and Dual SIM), was Firmware Rev # 02063.00000.15114.43004 an attempt to fix the screen issues?"

Their response:

[INFO]"Yes. You may also check that here: lumia.ms/1buc3PD. The link will work regardless of your location. ^RA"[/INFO]
In the link they gave, the first bullet under "What's new in this release" states: "Touch screen performance improvements". Note however that this is the "latest software release for Lumia 535 Dual SIM... Lumia Denim (02063.00000.15114.430xx/8.10.14234.375)".

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the information. The changelog seems to apply to latest *OS* update (Cortana, data toggle, etc.) I wonder have they really updated the firmware changelog for the 02063 *firmware* update.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the information. The changelog seems to apply to latest *OS* update (Cortana, data toggle, etc.) I wonder have they really updated the firmware changelog for the 02063 *firmware* update.

Not sure what you meant in differentiating "OS" update from "firmware" update for the change log. The page in the link clearly states that the change log (including touch screen improvements) applies to the Lumia 535 with both the 02063.00000.15114.430xx firmware version and the 8.10.14234.375. Besides, my question was specifically directed at the 02063 firmware revision number and if this update "was an attempt to fix the touch screen issues", a question which a representative from Microsoft answered with a firm "Yes".

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
What I meant is :
"
* Cortana, the most personal digital assistant, is now available in more markets.
* You can easily switch your mobile data connection on or off in the action centre.
* Install phone updates more easily by scheduling them for a time that works best for you.
"
are features brought by the OS (=not specific to a device). The latest GDR1 update brought, by the end of 2014 or beginning of this year, these new features.

The firmware, as opposed to the OS, is specific to the device, in this case, our beloved 535.

The latest OTA update is ONLY a firmware update, the OS is not bumped. So I wonder if that changelog is a "lazy" one (copy/paste of the previous, the 02060 which came along a new OS update as well).

My experience of @lumiahelp is that they're not very technical. You got a firm "Yes" from a social network CM, when another MS representative said the opposite in France (I remember the guy had posted his chat screenshot, I have to find it, but I consider it to be first hand). This being said, the same applies to the French forums: I don't know how well informed they are. I'm going to try with @lumiaSWupdates to see what they say ;)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I see, thanks for the clarification.

Please do let us know what they say. If there's some hint of inconsistency from their part, then something must be out of place.

Nonetheless, I still agree with your findings that having the screen replaced is the ultimate solution to the screen issue.:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel