Can I get some help with some weird problems on L535 DS?

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Weird Problems on L535 DS

Currently there are 3 problems to be addressed on L535 DS:
1. Firstly, Touchscreen is sort of jumpy when I connect my Nokia/MS original charger and touchscreen responsiveness is poor while charging with original adaptor.
2. Secondly, Whenever I connect my PC speakers to phone's audio jack touchscreen responsiveness is similar to first problem.
3. Lastly, This issue is weird 'cause it happened yesterday out of the blue, I can open apps on start menu by blowing on the screen and apps just opens. Seems Weird:devil: Is it a H/W problem or S/W issue?
While charging through PC touchscreen is fine.

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Weird Problems on L535 DS

The solution to your concern for all three items is to have the screen replaced. The touch screen issue has been known, well-discussed and debated about in the forums. An update has been released (and you've already installed it based on your firmware revision number) that was an attempt to improve the touch screen reliability - however many users still experienced the issue.

Other users have had the screen of their L535 replaced under warranty. They reported that indeed the screen was replaced: different opacity for the screen sensors and the touch screen issue has completely disappeared.

P.S.
If blowing on the screen is weird, how about being able to control the screen without touching it - the L535 I used to own once responded to my finger even if it was 2 inches away from the screen.

VARUNGUPTA16061992

May 26, 2014
Visit site

First issue I know.... I had on my Lumia 535.. NCC told to install software updates ... Only workaround! So I upgraded to L730 selling off old one... Latter two I haven't noticed.. But ya touch works weirdly...

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site

I think I've to visit Nokia Care.
1.Will the replaced screen's quality will be top notch as of the original one?
2.Are users facing the issues after replacing the screen?
3.Another issue is the haptic feedback which is going nuts while charging the phone through original charger.

VARUNGUPTA16061992

May 26, 2014
Visit site

For this ask a question to take views from one who got it replaced..

Charger issues r there... Its again the problem of touCh unit...

Also I have witnessed phone giving messages"phone charging slowly" even when using original charger!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

I think I've to visit Nokia Care.
1.Will the replaced screen's quality will be top notch as of the original one?
2.Are users facing the issues after replacing the screen?
3.Another issue is the haptic feedback which is going nuts while charging the phone through original charger.

1. If what you're referring to as "original" is the one that came with the phone, then that "original" screen isn't really "top notch" given the issues it has. Nonetheless, the service center will replace your screen with an "original" (not fake) screen which should no longer have the same touch screen issues. So, that new original screen will be a lot better than the out-of-the box original screen.

2. Users who had the screen replaced are no longer reporting having experienced the same touch screen issue again.

3. This is part of the touch screen issue.

Tmitra

May 26, 2015
Visit site

I've never faced this problem since purchase. Touch is nice all the time even if when the phone is charging. I have the same firmware version as yours.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

I've never faced this problem since purchase. Touch is nice all the time even if when the phone is charging. I have the same firmware version as yours.

Are the proximity and ambient light sensors beside the earpiece of your L535 clearly visible? It's possible that you've got a newer L535 with the new screen installed on it already.

Tmitra

May 26, 2015
Visit site

Yes they are clearly visible. You are right as my phone's manufacturing month is April so its latest..

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Will my phone be repaired by Nokia care or should I look for exclusive Microsoft Devices Care Store? BTW my phone is under warranty.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Will my phone be repaired by Nokia care or should I look for exclusive Microsoft Devices Care Store? BTW my phone is under warranty.

If your country has the Microsoft equivalent of Nokia Care, then that would be the best place to go to. If none, then your next best would be to go to Nokia Care - at the very least they should point you at the right direction.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Guys just one doubt to clarify: Should I hard reset my lumia before giving it to Nokia Care? Can't they change the screen with data intact.
Which tool to use Lumia Software Recovery Tool OR Windows Phone Recovery Tool for wiping my device?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Guys just one doubt to clarify: Should I hard reset my lumia before giving it to Nokia Care? Can't they change the screen with data intact.
Which tool to use Lumia Software Recovery Tool OR Windows Phone Recovery Tool for wiping my device?

Whether or not they can change the screen while leaving the data intact can be answered by the service center itself, since this may vary depending on the scenario. However, chances are that the standard operating procedure is to wipe all data from the client's phone/device.

You can perform a hard reset straight from your phone. Settings > about > reset my phone.

The Windows Phone Recovery Tool applies to "newer" Windows Phones, so chances are that the L535 is compatible with that - try this one first. If that doesn't work, then it's the Lumia Software Recovery Tool that should work.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Update:
Yesterday I went to NCC at Mangalore, I said my phone is facing touch issues and SIM card is not detected sometimes and NCC person said they'll flash the phone with the same update once again and see if it fixes. In the evening, I returned to check if flashing successful, yes it was a success and told me to sign it and I said I'll check and sign it after 15mins. Synced my contacts and Outlook Account and downloaded Multi-Touch Test app from the store(Net speed was too slow) and issue still persists and showed to them and they were little shocked to see the results, they took the phone and returned after 10mins and told me that they uninstalled that app and touch issue is fixed. They're denying results shown using Multi touch test app and said it was 3rd party and we don't consider those results. I said as an end user only way to test multi touch is to download said app to verify it since MS or Nokia do not design such apps. I said I'm not satisfied with repairs(SW) and they produced some Q&A report saying that touch is fine and no problems whatsoever. Luckily my friends, who had an Nokia X2 which registered 7 touches and other phone which was an LG android phone detected 5.
They started mocking me,saying touch is working fine and said I didn't specifically say anything about Multi-touch issues to begin with. What should I do now? Talk to their customer care number they gave me or something else. They showed the same set (they said it was sent from head office) and I used that phone and experienced the same touch issue and they started denying that phone was in good condition and some cr*p and said only I faced that issue. A stupid Answer. Also I said HW revision 3.0.0 has problem and it was fixed in hw rev. 5 and they started mocking me again and left NCC unsatisfactorily with these results. They are not acknowledging that it is a Hardware Problem.
EDIT: They said me to use Matte Screen guard and all problems will go away and I refused it immediately since my friends who has the same phone removed the matte screen because of touch issue getting worse to insanely worse. They even told me erratic behavior of touchscreen is normal as it as there to prevent users from the phone while charging.
Totally disappointing with NCC.
If you want others to see the reports I'll post them after sometime.

Best regards.

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
That is indeed unprofessional of them, based on your narrative. It seems that that particular service center forgot the adage: The customer is always right. The fact that they suggested using a "matte screen protector" means that they acknowledge that there is something wrong with the screen. They cannot propose a solution without acknowledging the problem, but then they're denying its existence.

You may request or demand to speak to the manager of the store for handling you that way. If the manager handles you in a similar manner, then write an e-mail to Microsoft about it - I did this when the Nokia Care Center and the service center I went to also "mishandled" me, and it seems that they received some "orders from upstairs" a few days later (they had a noticeable change in demeanor when speaking with me). Send the complete details of the Nokia Care Center - the address, the time you visited, the name of the staff who spoke with you if you can remember. The way they handled you, based on your narrative, is simply unacceptable.

Tweeting to @LumiaHelp also helps, since this avenue of communication to Microsoft also seems to reach the Nokia Care Centers and the service centers with the same "from upstairs" effect.

I don't mean to get anyone fired here, but if they want that job then they should do what they're getting paid for properly. :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb