02-01-2016 10:26 AM
26 12
tools
    Hows the touch problem in Lumia 535 running win 10, is it the same or any improvement , and is it a SW/HW problem..?
    05-27-2015 01:30 PM
    Hows the touch problem in Lumia 535 running win 10, is it the same or any improvement , and is it a SW/HW problem..?
    It IS a hardware-level problem, as discussed elsewhere in the forums. A recent update improved it a bit, but user experience and reports do not agree with each other. The only conclusive solution that worked is to have the screen replaced under warranty.

Also, newer L535s (those that have clearly visible ambient light and proximity sensors (those made towards April 2015)) have a different screen and do not exhibit the same touch screen issues as in older L535 variants.
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-27-2015 01:40 PM
    So all I have to do is to go to Nokia store and have my screen replaced..?
    05-27-2015 11:20 PM
    So all I have to do is to go to Nokia store and have my screen replaced..?
    All you have to do is bring your phone to an accredited service center, present your official receipt and wait for about two weeks.
    05-29-2015 04:29 AM
    Thanks... but how can I find out if the phone is L535s ?
    12-27-2015 12:31 AM
    All you have to do is bring your phone to an accredited service center, present your official receipt and wait for about two weeks.
    But in my case, MS Reseller neglect my phone's touch screen problem and said that there is no any problem
    v535 likes this.
    01-08-2016 09:53 PM
    But in my case, MS Reseller neglect my phone's touch screen problem and said that there is no any problem
    Then insist that there's something wrong. Demonstrate the defect by using a touch-screen app that shows the erratic touch points. Remind them of the adage - "the customer is always right".
    01-09-2016 02:23 AM
    Then insist that there's something wrong. Demonstrate the defect by using a touch-screen app that shows the erratic touch points. Remind them of the adage - "the customer is always right".
    Aside this , I got speaker problem which isn't corrected by them. They told me to come after an hour but I sit there for an hour. After 2hr they told me to check it, but nothing changes. Bcz I had some another work ,so , I leave the service centre .

After a day , I just install my new sd card into it but the back cover hole arrangement doesn't match with speaker and I also checked some another defect and got another crack near charging slot.

I hhad been immediately called MS CUSTOMER SUPPORT, next day they call me from main HQ (situated at Kolkata).

They asked me about h/w problem and query about my complaint.
    I told them straight in easiest way.

They changed at that point, they told me," how can you prove that our MS CENTRE done this?"

I have no any proof at that time.
    01-09-2016 03:54 AM
    They must have security cameras aimed at their counters and personnel center there.

Regardless of that, we cannot be distracted by these things. Simply insist on the defects of the Lumia 535 that you are encountering. If possible, with their permission, record/document the entire transaction/process.
    01-09-2016 04:54 AM
    No security cameras there.

Can they fix it ? What do you think?
    Last edited by Aman Deep Singh; 01-10-2016 at 12:39 PM.
    01-09-2016 07:33 AM
    They can replace the screen of your Lumia 535 with a "newer" non-faulty one, as reported numerous times in other threads (e.g. in France). But it seems that certain locations "refuse" to acknowledge the issue (such as in India) for some reason.

But the question is whether they can or can not, so yes they can.
    01-10-2016 02:04 PM
    Tmrw is my Lumia 535 1st b'day, I don't know what will they do ..
    01-10-2016 11:50 PM
    For my Lumia 1020, I was able to bring it back at least a month before its "first birthday", so they still honored the 12-month warranty.

But for your Lumia 535 that is only a day short from 12-months, I'm not sure if they'll still honor it.
    01-11-2016 02:59 AM
    I'm very disappointed from MS service centre (India), which makes my mind to not to buy another Lumia.
    01-11-2016 03:15 AM
    You may want to get in touch with their Twitter handle @LumiaHelp and inform them about your experience with that MS service center. It's another path of communication to them which transcends boundaries, so it would be more neutral. Also, based on my experience, communicating through this Twitter handle somehow reached my local service center, making them "expedite" the process.
    01-11-2016 10:58 AM
    I visited to Ms Reseller for getting free repair (on the Last day of warranty).. But they ignoring their fault of cracking the cover near charging slot.

Now I won't getting free service from next day :(

So, I came back with faulty L535.
    01-12-2016 05:27 AM
    Aren't there any other service centers nearby? So next time you can avoid that particular service center for their poor service.
    01-19-2016 01:54 PM
    Aren't there any other service centers nearby? So next time you can avoid that particular service center for their poor service.
    Yes there is another service centre but that was the worst one :(

Who cares?! MS got their money.as well as service centres ...

Both of service centres are like haunted house. Only receptionist and 2-3 workers are there.
    A larger sitting room with dummy TV and blank computer tables , accessories table is make you feel ' Why have you bought a Lumia phone?'
    01-22-2016 11:59 AM
    At least that's an "MS" service center (or is it? Is it a third-party service center?)

In my country, there is NO Microsoft service center - I brought my phone to an accredited third party service center that was referred by Microsoft in my communications with them. But here, there are a lot of non-accredited service centers, those that would most likely steal your personal information if the phone wasn't secure (good thing Windows Phones are).

The service center I've been to treats all their "customers" or "clients" as total amateurs, or people who don't know a thing about their device. When it was my turn to be "entertained", I just felt that I was being treated like I know nothing about my Lumia 1020.

Anyway, that's done. I still like Windows Phones, but there are times when I wanted to throw my phone 67 meters* in front of me especially when it suddenly restarts, or my emails won't be sent, or the phone starts calling someone while just scrolling through my People App. But civility demonstrates otherwise - these tools should revolve around us, not us revolving around them.

*- That's how far I used to throw a pebble when I was a child.
    Guytronic likes this.
    01-23-2016 10:30 AM
    At least that's an "MS" service center (or is it? Is it a third-party service center?)

In my country, there is NO Microsoft service center - I brought my phone to an accredited third party service center that was referred by Microsoft in my communications with them. But here, there are a lot of non-accredited service centers, those that would most likely steal your personal information if the phone wasn't secure (good thing Windows Phones are).

The service center I've been to treats all their "customers" or "clients" as total amateurs...
    It is MS Reseller which has been RENAMED from 'Nokia Service Centre' last year.
    {Usually every NOKIA SC's renamed as MS RESELLER.}

I don't know where are you from, what about your city's service centres. But my problem is with the First-party(official) Dealers/workers who took my phone to correct the hardware which results in a bad shaped phone(cracked back panel, scratchy speakers).

I've lost my belief on MS RESELLERS
    01-24-2016 12:17 PM
    We used to have "Nokia Service Centers" where I brought my girlfriend's Nokia ExpressMusic (oh, that thing had a better camera than my HTC T3333 running Windows Mobile 6 - even then Nokia had "Zeiss" optics). But a few months before the acquisition these "Nokia Service Centers" just disappeared one by one. Now we've got some local "accredited" service center (Aikontech - if that name is even catchy).

My girlfriend's sister's phone (if I'm not mistaken) was mishandled by "Nokia Care" (isn't that what they're called before?). They had it repaired virtually scratch-free; after a month of service time it returned with n^m number of scratches (where n is an integer greater than 1 and m is an even larger integer greater than n) on it.

I guess there's wisdom in taking a photo of every angle of one's phone before giving it to a service center. That's what I did with my Lumia 1020 before having it repaired. Fortunately, they returned my phone exactly how it looked like when I gave it to them.

At any rate, as much as possible, I prefer purchasing straight from the official store (instead of resellers). There's still a "Nokia" store here, and they're selling the Lumia 950 and 950XL. They were kind enough to let me play around an actual stock unit (not a demo unit) since they didn't have a demo unit, yet. There's two sides to that, though: I got my hands on a brand new, customer-ready device; on the other hand, the customer who would be getting that exact unit would no longer be using a "brand new straight-from-the-factory unit". There IS a Microsoft store here, but it's in a mall not really accessible from where the wind usually brings me.

I'm just hoping that my L1020 won't die again, since it's quite a hassle dealing with these "accredited service centers"... at least not until a 1020 successor comes to life and becomes available here.

But we're drifting off-topic (Lumia 535 problem).
    01-24-2016 01:34 PM
    At last, it's India. The image of company depending upon their products first.

If the product isn't right,then its the time for Service Centre to cover-up the problem ASAP.

I've to happy with my Hardware problem phone (which isn't effect any person except the owner like me).

We've to put a full-stop on this topic for now.
    01-24-2016 08:14 PM
    @Aman: I found the digitizer part, but i'm unsure which version is used by faulty L535 DS 2C or 2S versions. It'd helpful if someone confirms 2C is for HW revision 3.0 and 2S is for v5.0. Since the device is still covered, i'm waiting until its expired and replace it myself or give it local repair shop.
    @gpbernardo: They uninstalled the app as I had said earlier and said the problem is fixed. Really dumb answer.
    01-28-2016 09:00 AM
    @Aman: I found the digitizer part, but i'm unsure which version is used by faulty L535 DS 2C or 2S versions. It'd helpful if someone confirms 2C is for HW revision 3.0 and 2S is for v5.0. Since the device is still covered, i'm waiting until its expired and replace it myself or give it local repair shop.
    @gpbernardo: They uninstalled the app as I had said earlier and said the problem is fixed. Really dumb answer.
    (The "Quote" feature is more effective than the "@" method).
    I'm not able to follow your discussion. At any rate, I couldn't comment on what they did and said (uninstalling the app and saying that the problem is fixed).. it's just beyond.. I'm just glad nobody from the service center told me that.
    v535 likes this.
    01-28-2016 01:06 PM
    I agreed!

Now I cannot opt for free service in regarding touch problem. This forum isn't useful for me.
    01-28-2016 07:16 PM
26 12