Help!! "Couldn't take screenshot"

adesquare80

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Pls can anyone help with how to solve the problem of not being able to take more than a screenshot per day on my Microsoft Lumia 535?? :'( 😢

vipme

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
When you press the volume button "up" or "down", does it work always, or when you press the "power" button, does it always lock/unlock the screen?

vipme

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so it seems it is not a hardware issue. Because as you say all buttons are functioning separately.

Next step. Where are you saving your screenshots, to the phone memory, or SD card?
In Storage Sense, choose where to store new photos on your Phone or the SD card.

Maybe your memory is full, or there is a problem with writing to the SD card. Try change location of where your screenshots/photos are saved to.

adesquare80

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I've changed that several times... I did soft reset. Yet I can't take more than one screenshot per day, unless I delete... then take another. So fed up!

Steven Ealy

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
For those looking at this in future -

For me the issue was due to fact I had my Storage settings set to store Pictures & Videos to SD Card. The "Couldn't take screenshot" message would appear because there was a "Screenshots" folder on both the internal storage AND the SD card file structure.

Resolution:Delete BOTH the one from internal storage and one from SD Card, then try again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster