Lumia 535 issues

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for ur advise. I have already asked customer care to resolve the issue, there is no need to go to the service centre again since they dnt have the solution, and if company is not able to provide the solution , they should replace the device.

I have read through each post so far, yet I must mention that other users who have encountered the touch screen problem in the L535 have had their screens replaced through a service center - the service center acknowledged the problem and then the issue was resolved. However, that's for Europe.

Another person, this time from India, reported the opposite experience from the Europeans, where the service center argued with the customer... pretty much the same with what you have described above.

Now, I had an L535 and indeed it had the touch screen issue, but a firmware update has fixed the issue for me (this has been discussed elsewhere so we need not to bring this up extensively again). However, what I did experience was poor customer handling from Nokia Care. In summary, what I did was to contact Microsoft and report what I have experienced, sending them an email detailing the exact location of the Nokia Care Center, the time and date of visit, the name of the representative/s who handled me and the details of how the transaction transpired.

In addition to that, I also used their Twitter handle @LumiaHelp - I'm not aware of the mechanisms behind this Twitter handle, but it seems that I got results shortly after relaying my concerns through it.

You may want to consider doing just the same. It may be a regional issue which those in "upper management" may not be aware of yet - so what we can do it to deliver our concerns professionally towards them directly, by-passing the service centers altogether. Wait for their response. If they instruct you to go back to the service center, note the instructions and specifics that they give. They may point you to a service center that actually handles customers better than what you've experienced so far.

Let us know what happens.

ZKnowN

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I have read through each post so far, yet I must mention that other users who have encountered the touch screen problem in the L535 have had their screens replaced through a service center - the service center acknowledged the problem and then the issue was resolved. However, that's for Europe.

Another person, this time from India, reported the opposite experience from the Europeans, where the service center argued with the customer... pretty much the same with what you have described above.

Now, I had an L535 and indeed it had the touch screen issue, but a firmware update has fixed the issue for me (this has been discussed elsewhere so we need not to bring this up extensively again). However, what I did experience was poor customer handling from Nokia Care. In summary, what I did was to contact Microsoft and report what I have experienced, sending them an email detailing the exact location of the Nokia Care Center, the time and date of visit, the name of the representative/s who handled me and the details of how the transaction transpired.

In addition to that, I also used their Twitter handle @LumiaHelp - I'm not aware of the mechanisms behind this Twitter handle, but it seems that I got results shortly after relaying my concerns through it.

You may want to consider doing just the same. It may be a regional issue which those in "upper management" may not be aware of yet - so what we can do it to deliver our concerns professionally towards them directly, by-passing the service centers altogether. Wait for their response. If they instruct you to go back to the service center, note the instructions and specifics that they give. They may point you to a service center that actually handles customers better than what you've experienced so far.

Let us know what happens.

What happened with you next after e-mailing and tweeting? Can you tell us more?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
What happened with you next after e-mailing and tweeting? Can you tell us more?

It's been discussed elsewhere and tediously, and I really don't want to bring all the details back up as they tend to deviate the readers from the main topic of the thread. But basically, after communicating the issues by email and Twitter, the service center had a noticeable changes as follows to mention a few from memory:
1. in the beginning, it was "my responsibility" to follow up the status of my phone where they asked me to call them instead of them calling me; a few days after email and Twitter (let's abbreviate that to E.A.T.), they started calling me instead, almost weekly.

2. before E.A.T., they masked their mistake in encoding my customer information, assigning a phone that wasn't mine to my account and my phone to who knows who; after E.A.T., they admitted their mistake and was able to later recover my phone.

3. I got a call from a representative of Nokia regarding a query I made through Twitter, something which I didn't mention to the service center representatives - right now I can't recall what that query was, but it was definitely related to my phone being repaired at that time.

4. almost three months of not seeing my phone, I began inquiring and suggesting through E.A.T. the possibility of having my phone replaced instead since it seemed like the service center couldn't repair my phone; just two days later I got a call saying that my phone has been repaired and was ready for pickup.

These are all what I can recall with my 2AM brain. Also, I've got my phone back so I guess the fine print of those events have been archived somewhere in the attic of my mind, gathering mental cobwebs and dust. Now whether or not these would convince the reader that E.A.T. indeed had some effect is beyond the scope of the post. What matters is that we're opening other avenues of solutions for the OP, especially because it seems that the OP is getting frustrated in places where he (or she) shouldn't be.

@LumiaHelp is quite punctual in responding to messages and tweets, sometimes responding within a few minutes, sometimes within a few hours; if needed, they even inquire about the specifics such as the location of the service center and the IMEI of the phone of concern, and they also seem to take note of pending queries, since they regularly send updates on the status of the query even without making a follow with them. Right now, I've got a pending query about what was being referred to as a "mechanical shutter" in the white paper of the Lumia 1020 since the images of the schematics of the lens assembly and images of how the internals actually look like do not suggest the presence of a mechanical shutter as known to photographers - I still get updates on the status of my query even without making a follow up.

Their email counterpart, on the other hand, takes about two or three days before receiving a response.

ZKnowN

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much as this enlightened the effect of E.A.T. I really appreciate the time you took to write the summary of the whole scenario. Now I definitely know what to do when my phone gets lost somewhere in the customer support. Before reading this I didn't believe in E.A.T. but know I am starting to believe. Thank you once again. ^_^

amit roy4

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
After several follow ups with the customer care , I got a call from their technical team. Believe me, nothing has happened, just they have arranged a concall with the service centre and we have discussed the same thing which I have been discussing with them since last 3/4 days. And again I got an assurance from the service centre that they will call me after investigating the matter with their concerned executive. I am sure that they will ask me to visit any of their service centre again.
DEAR MICROSOFT, Plz listen, we are working professional and we dnt enough time to visit ur service centre each and every time for the same issue , I cant afford to loose my working days every time just b'coz of unprofessional attitude of ur service centre/customer care which I have already done several times before. if u cant provide the solution, at least u should give some value to ur customer and their time.

ZKnowN

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
After several follow ups with the customer care , I got a call from their technical team. Believe me, nothing has happened, just they have arranged a concall with the service centre and we have discussed the same thing which I have been discussing with them since last 3/4 days. And again I got an assurance from the service centre that they will call me after investigating the matter with their concerned executive. I am sure that they will ask me to visit any of their service centre again.
DEAR MICROSOFT, Plz listen, we are working professional and we dnt enough time to visit ur service centre each and every time for the same issue , I cant afford to loose my working days every time just b'coz of unprofessional attitude of ur service centre/customer care which I have already done several times before. if u cant provide the solution, at least u should give some value to ur customer and their time.

Actually I don't think we will ever get good support from customer care here in Asia.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hey AmitRoy4, don't waste time with L535 they're not going to repair phone under warranty, they sit back and tell us *no problems* occurred with phones and its in perfect condition, its better to sell it off because of its *perfection*. There's only one way to resolve that is to replace the touch digitizer which could be found on ebay, I can't say if parts are original, though. You've find close friend who works at generic repair shops and get it replaced. Otherwise sell it and a buy new lumia 640 or nokia lumia ones.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hey AmitRoy4, don't waste time with L535 they're not going to repair phone under warranty, they sit back and tell us *no problems* occurred with phones and its in perfect condition, its better to sell it off because of its *perfection*. There's only one way to resolve that is to replace the touch digitizer which could be found on ebay, I can't say if parts are original, though. You've find close friend who works at generic repair shops and get it replaced. Otherwise sell it and a buy new lumia 640 or nokia lumia ones.

It is not easy to sell & afford a new phone by an average Person .

Hey Amit, I also have L535Ds runs without any problem....

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I know customer service professionals can be a pita. Call them again, this time ask for their manager or lead if they are not helpful. Try to escalate it as much as you can till you get help. I am surprised by the response though..this is a well known widespread issue and rather then acknowledging it and getting the touch panel replaced they are giving you BS. Not acceptable.

amit roy4

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
According to the service centre,they have already replaced the touch panel when I visited their centre earlier and surprisingly they didn't issue any job sheet which is a normal process of any nokia/Microsoft service centre!!! However,customer care is still forcing me to visit their centre again and asked me to hand over the phone for repairing and service centre is still saying that it won't be very fruitful for me.

amit roy4

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Plz check music stops automatically while you are travelling, touch is working properly when phone is charging, sometimes phone is vibrating automatically without any reason.......

ZKnowN

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Plz check music stops automatically while you are travelling, touch is working properly when phone is charging, sometimes phone is vibrating automatically without any reason.......

I didn't know L535 has this many issues! I knew about touch only.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
According to the service centre,they have already replaced the touch panel when I visited their centre earlier and surprisingly they didn't issue any job sheet which is a normal process of any nokia/Microsoft service centre!!! However,customer care is still forcing me to visit their centre again and asked me to hand over the phone for repairing and service centre is still saying that it won't be very fruitful for me.

Is this service center an authorized Microsoft/Nokia service center?

amit roy4

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Yes, it's a Nokia/Microsoft authorized service centre, near Moulali Kolkata, West Bengal, So far my knowledge is. Concerned touch panel is very costly, then. Why they didn't issue the job sheet if it's already changed. Very. Strange

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo