Question Mark on Battery Icon?

Bassey Archibong

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Question Mark on Battery Icon

Recently, my Lumia 535 refuses to charge. Sometimes it shows the large battery icon with a question mark on it. After a few tries at restarting, the phone comes on but when plugged to a charger, the battery drains instead of charging.
Pleas what Can i do to fix this? I have hard reset several times

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Question Mark on Battery Icon

Sounds like you need a new battery and also check the contacts on the phone they may be damaged or not touching properly. My cousin had a similar issue with his 620, he somehow damaged the contacts - it was fixed using a foil wrapping paper squashed into a make shift plinth and placed underneath the battery - between the battery & case.

Bassey Archibong

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Sounds like you need a new battery and also check the contacts on the phone they may be damaged or not touching properly. My cousin had a similar issue with his 620, he somehow damaged the contacts - it was fixed using a foil wrapping paper squashed into a make shift plinth and placed underneath the battery - between the battery & case.

I have bought a new battery. Same issue. The foil you speak of, is it just to raise the battery inside the housing?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I have bought a new battery. Same issue. The foil you speak of, is it just to raise the battery inside the housing?

Yup, so the battery touches the contacts properly and anything will do to be honest even scrap paper or pieces of crisp packt. He used the foil wrapper off a chewing gum affixed to the housing with double sided masking tape. If this doesn't work then you have a faulty unit and you will need to take it a repair shop or a Microsoft store. Do you have warranty?

As I doubt reflashing the phone will help, which you could try however as you've already done a few hard resets.

Bassey Archibong

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Yup, so the battery touches the contacts properly and anything will do to be honest even scrap paper or pieces of crisp packt. He used the foil wrapper off a chewing gum affixed to the housing with double sided masking tape. If this doesn't work then you have a faulty unit and you will need to take it a repair shop or a Microsoft store. Do you have warranty?

As I doubt reflashing the phone will help, which you could try however as you've already done a few hard resets.

I had sent it to A Nokia repair store. Bought the phone in a different country so i had to pay. Phone is still having the issue....

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Also noticed that as soon as i initiate a process that requires a restart, the phone goes back to the question mark battery icon. Could this have been a defective unit?

It sure shows sounds like a defective unit... i'd contact Microsoft support and explain the situation, that you'd already paid to no avail. I would imagine after the repair you would have at least extended coverage (as it is general practise to offer extended coverage after a repair). Check the Lumia care app, it should say if it is still under warranty or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077