Messaging apps on new Lumia 535, how can I add it to the start page?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Messaging apps on new Lumia 535

I have the above running Windows 8.1. From new, there is Messaging and Messaging+ app, with Messaging as default. I want to use Messaging as I prefer the blue background but I cannot pin it to the Start page. I do not like the orange look of Messaging+ which is why I want to use Messaging.

Is there any way to alter the colour of M+? How do I add Messaging to the Start page (it has never allowed me to from new). Or is there another Messaging app that can replace both of these apps?

Thanks for any advice.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Messaging apps on new Lumia 535

What happens when you attempt to pin messaging to the start?
It is pinned by default on my Lumia 535.
Also on my Lumia 535 when I open the Messaging+ app it states that 'we are saying goodbye to messaging+ and to use messaging from now on'.
Although I am using Win10 mobile.

bertie11

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site

Well, when I long press Messaging in the apps list, although it shows 'pin to start' it is 'greyed out' and thus doesn't do anything.
I tried removing Messaging+ but I still could not pin Messaging to start. I have now reinstalled +.

I don't think Windows 10 is available for my phone yet as it doesn't show when I check for updates.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Well, when I long press Messaging in the apps list, although it shows 'pin to start' it is 'greyed out' and thus doesn't do anything.
I tried removing Messaging+ but I still could not pin Messaging to start. I have now reinstalled +.

I don't think Windows 10 is available for my phone yet as it doesn't show when I check for updates.
Is it already pinned, and yo are just missing it?

bertie11

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site

I've looked everywhere for it but I can't find it! It is marked as default in the apps list though.

Ahah! Got it. It was in a multi-box with three other apps but it wasn't showing permanently, but it kept disappearing but I managed to see it before it disappeared.

Panic over. Thanks so much, my eyesight isn't too good so I just didn't see it. And I can't work out how to get those apps out of the large box so that I can show them as apps in their own large box. This the first smart phone I've had so I'm still learning!:confused:

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

I've looked everywhere for it but I can't find it! It is marked as default in the apps list though.

Ahah! Got it. It was in a multi-box with three other apps but it wasn't showing permanently, but it kept disappearing but I managed to see it before it disappeared.

Panic over. Thanks so much, my eyesight isn't too good so I just didn't see it. And I can't work out how to get those apps out of the large box so that I can show them as apps in their own large box. This the first smart phone I've had so I'm still learning!:confused:

Just open the folder, and then press and hold to activate move mode, then drag that app out of the folder drop it.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720