Slow charging issue in Lumia 535, what could the cause be?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Slow charging issue in lumia 535

I have updated my L535 from 8.1 to W10M. I am facing slow charging issue from 10586 update. I did hard reset and everything but nothing worked. It takes almost 4 to 5 hours to charge and when i plug the original charger " Ur device is slowly charging" message peeps up.

Any Solution for slow charging issue. Recently updated to .71 and battery lasts for more than a day with average use. Please let me know the solution. Many facing this problem.

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Slow charging issue in lumia 535

Try soft reset. Then go to Settings>Devices>USB turn off "Notify me if my mobile device is charging slowly". Plug phone in charger and do a soft reset. Again go to Settings and turn On "Notify..............................." Unplug and plug phone into charger and see if the message still pops out. If message still shows try different charger. One more thing to try, unplug your charger from the power source and try another one. I had the same issue with original charger but soft reset and on/off notification solved the problem with slow charging.

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site

Did all same prob exists? can u tel me what charger u use and what build u have?
I have Lumia 535 on latest build W10M.71 plugged in official Microsoft charger that came with the phone. It charges pretty fast now with it, although when my phone is connected via USB to the PC it charges two times slower but without notification "charging slowly..." .
Try turning phone off while on charger along with notification about charging slowly turned off.

slimchap

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site

My 640XL takes more than 3hours to charge from 40% to 100%. When I bought it I immediately updated it to W10M so I cant say if how it would have faired on 8.1 cos I never used it on 8.1

MobileOperator

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

I believe its an issue that can only be fixed by a firmware update, still charging so slowly, with build .122, its even worse.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

terra

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
my 535 does the same thing intermittently. sometimes it's no problem, other times, no matter what charger/cable, original or otherwise, the same "slow charging" message.

Sometimes rebooting helps, or not.
Turning off location/blutooth, again sometimes it helps, other times no.

This makes it difficult to troubleshoot, what the cause is. Whether it's the charger/cable etc.

My 535, is running WM8.1. What does that say? The problem is also on WM10. So again, where does the problem stem from?

I'm now running a lumia 640 WM10, it started doing that yesterday, with the original charger. Tried a few other chargers, again the same thing...arghhh!
Rebooting did not fix the issue.
Shutting down, removing the battery, now it's ok.

Where do we go from here?

Subhendujana64

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site

I have updated my L535 from 8.1 to W10M. I am facing slow charging issue from 10586 update. I did hard reset and everything but nothing worked. It takes almost 4 to 5 hours to charge and when i plug the original charger " Ur device is slowly charging" message peeps up.

Any Solution for slow charging issue. Recently updated to .71 and battery lasts for more than a day with average use. Please let me know the solution. Many facing this problem.
My problem same....

terra

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
this issue is now happening to my lumia 640 w10m

damn microsoft useless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it doesn't matter what it's connected to.
it's own charger, battery pack, etc.

i'm so pissed off at these morons.
nadella is broken fire him

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
software glitch , also happened on my 730 and lasted till the November cumulative update. Now there is a slight improvement in the charging time and no occurrence of slow charging notification over the genuine package charger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss