How do I transfer Music from my Laptop onto my Lumia 535?

david1alp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Can someone please tell me how to transfer my 30GB's of Music -- from my laptop -- onto my Lumia 535?

I have bought a memory stick, and inserted it into the phone -- the memory stick is 64GB's, so there should be plenty of space on the phone for 30GB's of music.

The music is from my iPod. I have managed to transfer all of it from my iPod -- onto the desktop -- using the software they told me to use. So all my music is now on my PC in a Microsoft folder called "Groove Music", but whatever I do, it WILL NOT transfer to my phone??? (And I obviously want to listen to it on my phone - as if it were an iPod).... I have even bought a special lead from the phone-shop (where I bought the phone) to plug-in the phone, to the laptop -- so its directly plugged in! But still I cannot get the music onto the phone???

What am I doing wrong?

How do I get my music -- to transfer from Groove Music, onto my phone??????

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Does the phone show up in file explorer on the laptop? If so, you should be able to just drag and drop the music files onto the se card for the phone directly from there. If that doesn't work for some bizarre reason you can try doing it through Windows Media Player instead. A little more tedious but usually gets the job done. Good luck!

david1alp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
No, its asking me to (quote) "Try the Groove Music Pass Free For 30 Days"... So that is presumably hinting that "after 30 Days" it won't be free????

Sorry -- but I'm not paying a penny to listen to my OWN music on my OWN PHONE!!! :eck: How dare Windows try and throw me some link saying "Here try this FREE for 30 days" and then presumably sneak in hidden charges! It doesn't make sense??? Why would anyone pay money to listen to their OWN music; downloaded from their private collection of CD's, and then transferred to their iPod, and then from their iPod transferred to their desktop, (in supposed readiness to transfer to the Microsoft phone)?? You wouldn't pay would you??? Surely you would just go back to the iPod?? But I want to listen to it on my phone...

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: david2alp,
Relax. You are just jumping to wrong conclusions. Many wrong conclusions and then the rant.

On my phone, I plug in the phone to the USB port on the computer. Wait for the computer to recognize the new device. Accept it to open in File Explorer. Open a second File Explorer software program window. Find your music folders on both the phone and computer. Copy the music files to the phone.

By the way, Groove music is a great service to listen to new music without having to purchase each track. I especially like discovering new music by sampling a song from the radio or tv or in a bar, discovering the song name, and then downloading the song to my phone for future listening.

Best Wishes.

david1alp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: david2alp,
Relax. You are just jumping to wrong conclusions. Many wrong conclusions and then the rant.

On my phone, I plug in the phone to the USB port on the computer. Wait for the computer to recognize the new device. Accept it to open in File Explorer. Open a second File Explorer software program window. Find your music folders on both the phone and computer. Copy the music files to the phone.

By the way, Groove music is a great service to listen to new music without having to purchase each track. I especially like discovering new music by sampling a song from the radio or tv or in a bar, discovering the song name, and then downloading the song to my phone for future listening.

Best Wishes.

Oh my Goodness Kevin!

Yes I have found a whole bunch of music on my phone!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!

I plugged the phone on.. Then went to File Explorer like you said; found the phone -- Then found the Micro SD card (which was about 8% full) Then went to Music (WITHIN the SD card), and there it was!!!!!!!! And it plays beautifully!!! I am just listening to it now...

The only thing is, (what I'm worried about now) is HOW do I get this music to a more easily "finding" place??? I would ideally like to have it on my front Phone/Desktop ? Is that possible? And if so how do I do it?? Can you tell me step-by-step - not leaving anything out - as I'm a technophobe as you could probably guess from the rant above. LOL! I'm so sorry about that! It's because I've been trying to do this for weeks now...

What I did was, I hovered my finger on the "Music" folder (in the SD card) thinking it would bring up the "Pin To Start" option... But it didn't do that?? It just brought up "Copy to" ??

So what do I do now??

Also -- If I want to add more music (which I do) then how do I do it??

Thanking you SO much!

I am VERY grateful! GOLD STAR to Kevin Rush [Moderators please] :smile:

This is an "Edit" now.... I have noticed that the songs I am listening to on my Phone. As soon as I've listened to (say for example) track 07 on an album -- that track I've listened to is turning up in another Mystery Folder - called "Recent" ? What is all that about??

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3