How do I get my Music On The Micro SD card to Show up In Groove Music???

david1alp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Okay, so I have transferred the rest of my 30GB's of music onto my Lumia phone, and it shows up fine on the Micro SD card (64GB). But it won't play through Groove Music? Why is this???

Its like I have two sets of music. One lot of music that is on the Lumia Phone, and plays perfectly fine with Groove Music, (which, by the way I really Love).

And then a second MUCH LARGER bunch of music on the Micro SD card that will not play "through/via" Groove Music.

So my problem is this... How do I amalgamate the two "clumps" of music; and get my ENTIRE collection playing on Groove Music???

Or is the deal with a Lumia 535 phone that you only get few GB's of music on the PHYSICAL phone itself to play through Groove Music??

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Have you moved your music files directly to the microSD on the Music folder via USB or an external card reader? The Lumia 535 is perfectly capable of playing 30GB worth of songs from the microSD.

david1alp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Have you moved your music files directly to the microSD on the Music folder via USB or an external card reader? The Lumia 535 is perfectly capable of playing 30GB worth of songs from the microSD.

What I did was, I got my iPod... Then I downloaded the recommended Microsoft software that manages to extract music albums from an iPod and put them back into iTunes. So I did all of that step-by-step (which took several hours I can tell you).

So then I made a folder on my laptops desktop, called Music. Then I changed my ENTIRE desktop/laptop to Microsoft, (which I wish I hadn't done now, but its too late)...

Then I transferred ALL of the 30GB's music into the "Groove Music" App on my desktop... (so now, when I click "start" and Groove Music; I can see all of my albums are in the Groove Music app (on my laptops desktop).

Then I plugged in my phone to my laptop, using the USB lead. I thought it would synch-up with what is on my laptop/desktop... i.e I thought it would "mirror" up, or "synchronize" or "be the same as" what is on "Groove Music" on the Desktop, but it didn't do that ????????????

It only took the albums which are in iTunes-My-Music... It has NOT synchronized up with Groove Music at all?????????????? Why is this????????

How do I get all of my music to play through GROOVE MUSIC? And why - when I plug my phone DIRECTLY INTO THE LAPTOP, is it NOT reading the GROOVE MUSIC on the laptop????

Pls help me, cos its like I'm banging my head against a brick wall...

david1alp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Oh!!!!!!!! A light-bulb Moment!!!!

So I have just realized what is happening!!!

It is ALL of the "m4a" files that are not transferring onto the Microsoft Lumia Phone!

All of the MP3 Files have been transferred no problem.... But it is the m4a files that won't transfer...

So what do I do?????????

Last edited:

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
For me, and my huge 38G music collection on my SD card, it take days for Groove to index the song. (Even longer for tracks indexing from OneDrive.) Strange. But it does show up.

How long has it been since you updated your phone system?

david1alp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
For me, and my huge 38G music collection on my SD card, it take days for Groove to index the song. (Even longer for tracks indexing from OneDrive.) Strange. But it does show up.

How long has it been since you updated your phone system?

Captain Eric...

Sorry !

I didn't see your post in time.... I've since edited it...

I have realized what it is... Its ALL of the m4a files that will not transfer across to the Microsoft Lumia phone! The mp3 files were fine; they have all transferred over..... Its the m4a files that stubbornly will not transfer..?

What do I do? I don't know how on earth to convert them?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills