Lumia 535 manual upgrade to Windows 10 mobile?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

lumia 535 manual upgrade to windows 10 mobile

so when my lumia 535 got the notification for windows 10 mobile upgrade, i downloaded and waited for it to install it.
the install was showing an error and no matter what i did to fix it, nothing worked out.
i decided to do factory reset and wait for the upgrade to come again.
the upgrade never came. its been 3 months now.
is it a way to root or manually upgrade to windows 10 mobile??

thank you

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: lumia 535 manual upgrade to windows 10 mobile

so when my lumia 535 got the notification for windows 10 mobile upgrade, i downloaded and waited for it to install it.
the install was showing an error and no matter what i did to fix it, nothing worked out.
i decided to do factory reset and wait for the upgrade to come again.
the upgrade never came. its been 3 months now.
is it a way to root or manually upgrade to windows 10 mobile??

thank you

get the upgrade advisor app from the store, install it and run - follow instructions from there on
A couple of tips: make sure date, time, timezone, and region are all correct before downloading and installing the update

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

nitro1821

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
i downloaded upgrade advisor and it says that microsoft is working with my phone service providor to get me windows 10 as soon as possible.
also tried to use windows insider but the app crashes as soon as i open it.
dont know what to do i've tried everything.
is the a way to manualy upgrade 'root' to windows 10??

Last edited:

nitro1821

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: lumia 535 manual upgrade to windows 10 mobile

get the upgrade advisor app from the store, install it and run - follow instructions from there on
A couple of tips: make sure date, time, timezone, and region are all correct before downloading and installing the update

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

i downloaded upgrade advisor and it says that microsoft is working with my phone service providor to get me windows 10 as soon as possible.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

for the upgrade advisor - that's the message you got? weird - I thought all countries by now had approved the update

Reinstall the app and also restart your phone and try again - these 2 are the only methods that you can use - unless you're willing to wipe the phone and start afresh

nitro1821

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
i think there is something wrong with my phone.
other people from my country with the same phone got the upgrade normaly.
i tried reinstalling the app, also tried restarting the phone.
im willing to do whatever it takes. i dont care if the phone formats or goes to factory reset.
i just want to install windows 10 somehow.
for now, alot of famous apps dont work. like shazam and other.
is there a root or somethig that i can do from my computer to manually upgrate it?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
i think there is something wrong with my phone.
other people from my country with the same phone got the upgrade normaly.
i tried reinstalling the app, also tried restarting the phone.
im willing to do whatever it takes. i dont care if the phone formats or goes to factory reset.
i just want to install windows 10 somehow.
for now, alot of famous apps dont work. like shazam and other.
is there a root or somethig that i can do from my computer to manually upgrate it?

you'll have to do a factory reset. I suggest downloading windows device recovery tool on your pc and using that to reinstall windows 8.1 on your phone afresh. Once it has installed afresh, try the upgrade advisor app

nitro1821

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
yes yes yes, i did it. as soon as the i reinstalled and downladed win advisor.
the win 10 notification came.
im currently using them and they work perfect.
thanks for the help you are the best OP

Geeksatee

Jan 28, 2018
Visit site
I got the update notification for windows 10 and I clicked on the download button, but the download not progressing. Still showing it as 0% after an hour. I have good speed internet connection, but the download is not responding properly! What should I do on this context ? How can I fix this ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs