Locking keyboard

bertie11

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
How can I lock the keyboard on my 535 so that when it is in my pocket it does not somehow connect to web sites. Obviously it being in my pocket is the problem. Can I lock the keyboard?
Thanks

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
How can I lock the keyboard on my 535 so that when it is in my pocket it does not somehow connect to web sites. Obviously it being in my pocket is the problem. Can I lock the keyboard?
Thanks

you can use a lock screen pin to lock the screen - thus the keyboard is off too

bertie11

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Before I had the 535 I had a basic Nokia. In order to stop accidentally pressing keys while it was in my pocket I entered a key combo that locked the keyboard. At the moment I can be sitting on the bus and I start hearing voices! I pull the phone out of my pocket and this morning it was Cortana asking what help I wanted! So keys are being pressed while in my pocket. That's it.
Can I use a key combo with the 535?
I don't really want to use a pin.

Thanks.

Last edited:

PlexusCV

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by bertie11
Before I had the 535 I had a basic Nokia. In order to stop accidentally pressing keys while it was in my pocket I entered a key combo that locked the keyboard. At the moment I can be sitting on the bus and I start hearing voices! I pull the phone out of my pocket and this morning it was Cortana asking what help I wanted! So keys are being pressed while in my pocket. That's it!
THanks.

Can I do that with the 535? What key combo?

I don't really want to use a pin.

Thanks.

You just have to lock your screen with the power button. Make sure you have "double tap to wake" disabled. It's a nice feature but turns on the screen when in the pocket.

bertie11

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
That's what I do anyway. I'm wondering, I had a new screen fitted a couple of months ago, maybe that might be the cause.

Thanks for help, I may just use a pin after all.

bertie11

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, but which is the navigation bar?

OK, got it thank you. I thought there was a way. I just need to see what happens in my pocket.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes