How much Lumia 535 repairing costs from MS Authorised Care Center?

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hello Guys, Today I left my phone to MS CARE CENTER but they didn't tell me the cost of repairing not even ideal cost.
Actually they didn't identify my phone's hardware problem( which is actually not receiving any signal ) as they said.

First, they told me about problem in IC ,after an hour of experimenting.... they asked me to leave the center and will fix it in 2 days.

Can anyone tell me the cost of repairing (or ideal cost)?

PS: I just lost the reliability on MS CARE Centers :(
They have not proper knowledge still working under BIG COMPANY

Last edited:

earthman007

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I don't know an estimated cost, I'm sorry, but would always agree to a procedure to be informed of a potential cost, in advance of giving them authorisation to continue with the fixing.

As such, if I'd left it with them, where they'd not given any quote, I'd immediately contact them - preferably in writing, requesting that they provide an assessment of what is needed to fix it and also what their maximum price will be for doing this.

Without that, it's potentially a license to print money - and few of us have that in abundance. It could even be in excess of the purchase of a replacement new handset.

So, I'd instruct them to suspend work, pending your approval for the costs that they estimate. And written instructions carry more clout than just speaking verbally, as there's a record. Good luck!

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I don't know an estimated cost, I'm sorry, but would always agree to a procedure to be informed of a potential cost, in advance of giving them authorisation to continue with the fixing.

As such, if I'd left it with them, where they'd not given any quote, I'd immediately contact them - preferably in writing, requesting that they provide an assessment of what is needed to fix it and also what their maximum price will be for doing this.

Without that, it's potentially a license to print money - and few of us have that in abundance. It could even be in excess of the purchase of a replacement new handset.

So, I'd instruct them to suspend work, pending your approval for the costs that they estimate. And written instructions carry more clout than just speaking verbally, as there's a record. Good luck!

Luckily I got my phone today. But while payment , they told me approximately 1200₹ only for IC repair. But i negotiated with them and gave 800₹ & they took it without any feud with an hand written receipt which makes me hard to believe that 'Is that really MS AUTHORISED SERVICE?'

---- And when I asked them to upgrade my phone to w10, they asked me to download it with your home Wi-Fi network. How rude!!

PlexusCV

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Pretty cheap for a MS Authorized Service. Where I live it would cost at least 40 - 50 ? in an non Authorized Service. I think MS would suggest logic board replacement.

Sent from mTalk

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Pretty cheap for a MS Authorized Service. Where I live it would cost at least 40 - 50 ? in an non Authorized Service. I think MS would suggest logic board replacement.

Sent from mTalk
But they didn't changed the whole logic board. I don't know how this problem comes? I'm using my phone only for work purpose and checking emails.

I saw first phone with this **&* defect.
And using w8.1 till Tuesday patch.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
But they didn't changed the whole logic board. I don't know how this problem comes? I'm using my phone only for work purpose and checking emails.

I saw first phone with this **&* defect.
And using w8.1 till Tuesday patch.

Is your phone working normally now after the repair?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
MS care in india is in a poor state, still being run under as Nokia care in certain parts like for example in Kolkata, salt lake.

The whole experience of getting into the Nokia care is very poor , beginning from the interiors and the lousy service they do . Luckily i have been there only twice or thrice when i cracked my lumia 520 display.

Amandeep you got yourself a decent deal but i should warn you that a hand written receipt is in a 50/50 chance of acceptance if you develop a glitch under one month. you should always prefer a system generated receipts as what i have seen.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Now I've avoided high-end games on my mobile.

I will keep this phone as primary for another two years(till i'm learner).

I'll plan to get Nokia Android(coming next year) after living Lumia Life.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
after repairing my phone's n/w problem h/w, phone only worked for 2 weeks, on third week of (one month) service warranty, phone was get back to its old state with no network prob.

that was my expeience with MS Lumia phones.

i'll never recommend it to any one.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
after repairing my phone's n/w problem h/w, phone only worked for 2 weeks, on third week of (one month) service warranty, phone was get back to its old state with no network prob.

that was my expeience with MS Lumia phones.

i'll never recommend it to any one.

I hope they do the repair properly this time.At least the problem recurred within the 1 month warranty period.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I hope they do the repair properly this time.At least the problem recurred within the 1 month warranty period.

I hope so...

This is my First & Last Lumia phone experience.
Next mobile would probably Nokia Android which is under my budget. :)

Amandeep you got yourself a decent deal but i should warn you that a hand written receipt is in a 50/50 chance of acceptance if you develop a glitch under one month. you should always prefer a system generated receipts as what i have seen.

Exactly ! you said right.

Indian MS Service Care is in very disappointed state.

They haven't quality part for out-of-warranty products.

Last edited by a moderator:

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
At last ! Today I get back my phone with same problem from MS Authorize Care Center .
This is a disappointed moment for me and MS too.

MS care dealer apologized for not getting fixed my phone after a month and a week ...

Now, i can use my lumia for everything except CALLING feature(which is the HEART of mobile phone)..

: Will never buy LUMIA again in my life :

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa