Who of you are getting the Lumia 540?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Raise you're hand if your interested in this one from Microsoft.

Looks like an interesting offering for the low end crowd.
Would you buy this when it becomes available in your region?

Lumia-540-ds-hero1.jpg

bh5213

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I have an 830...but my wife's phone is due for an upgrade. She currently has a Samsung Focus 2....so she is gonna look at the 540, 640, and the 830. Most likely one of the 3.

mohit9206

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok first of all let me say this
"Cyan is Back!!!!!! "
I loved my Cyan Lumia 520 and am glad that my favorite Cyan color is back.
That said i am a bit disappointed by the specs. At a price of $150 and approx 10k rupees in India, i was expecting a more powerful cpu+gpu.
Snapdragon 200 and Adreno 302 is so 2013.Even the Lumia 520 had a more powerful Krait cores and Adreno 305.
Also a bit put off by the 5 inch display. I wanted a 4.5 inch display as 5 inch screen is too big for me. Also i really wished the phone had 16gb internal storage because of all those huge games that need lot of storage space and you cannot transfer them to external storage. Not that playing graphics heavy is going to be a good experience on this phone given its weak cpu+gpu coupled with 720p display.
Enough of the negatives.I appreciate the 8MP primary and 5MP front cam although i doubt a lot of people even use front cams.So maybe they could have removed the front cam altogether and instead given us a more powerful cpu+gpu or more internal storage.
As is its a decent phone based on specs that could have been better if those negatives were addressed by MS. But i might buy this phone when it gets big discount. So far i am considering either this phone or HTC 526G+ but am in no hurry. Let the prices drop. And yeah definitely got my eyes on that Cyan 540.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
If this was available a few months earlier when my L1020 died, I would have chosen this over the L535. While everything basically looks the same (network bands and performance specs: RAM, processor speed, default ROM), the slightly higher battery capacity (2200 mAh vs 1905 mAh), higher screen pixel density and resolution, and the few extra MP (8MP vs 5MP) in the rear camera are plus points for the Lumia 540. And it has the Cyan (!) cover... but I think I'm still going to choose the malignantly benign black variant. :cool:

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
That said i am a bit disappointed by the specs. At a price of $150 and approx 10k rupees in India, i was expecting a more powerful cpu+gpu.
Snapdragon 200 and Adreno 302 is so 2013. Even the Lumia 520 had a more powerful Krait cores and Adreno 305.
Also i really wished the phone had 16gb internal storage.
Enough of the negatives.I appreciate the 8MP primary and 5MP front cam although i doubt a lot of people even use front cams.So maybe they could have removed the front cam altogether and instead given us a more powerful cpu+gpu or more internal storage.

In shops, the price is likely to be a lot lower.

The processor is weak, but this is a budget phone and if you want a step up, then the Lumia 640 is there.

I'm pretty sure MS will not put 16gb internal storage on their budget phones anytime soon. They need to differentiate their phones and this is one way.
I don't know about India, but in developed countries the front camera is pretty useful. People use them for selfies, and 5MP is useful for Skype calls.
Having said all this, I am probably going for the Lumia 640 xl. It seems like the best value phone for me with few compromises.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd gladly trade the 540 in for my 535 that is off for repair currently.

I'm actually a fan of low end\lower priced phones of any color...at least if the camera is somewhat acceptable.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I would've loved to get the 540 for my mom but she was swiftly convinced by a sales person to do a 2 year contract on a Lumia 635 some days ago. The deal also included a crap, low-end, SD200 Dual Core Android phone. She loved this deal because she got 2 phones. One more week and withh 44 $ more and I could have got her a 640 :(. So sad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6