Why is my Lumia 540 suddenly taking forever to charge?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 540 suddenly taking forever to charge

I own a lumia 540 i love this phone it had 8.1 Denim everything was got then i got a windows 10 upgrade i upgraded everything was good again no problems but after 3,4 days i got another windows 10 upgrade notification i upgraded but after that it started giving slow charging notifications with the same charger i was charging it with before i changed the charger trying all 0.5,0.75,1,2.1 Amp chargers i have changed cables but it always give this notification and takes forever to charge. First it took 1.5-2 hours to charge fully but now it takes 14-15 hours to charge fully with any charger or cable and if i use it while on charge it doesnt charge at all but keeps the charge constant. i think my battery is not faulty because it gives me the same timing as before when it used to charge fast but now it takes toooooo long to charge. Kindly if anyone has a solution to this it's very annoying. Keep in mind i got this problem after i had the second time windows 10 phone update. I surfed the web there was an option of hard resetting your phone but i have a lot of data in it which i don't want to loose games etc. Please tell me if hard reset or another technique is a solution to it. Thanks

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 540 suddenly taking forever to charge

I own a lumia 540 i love this phone it had 8.1 Denim everything was got then i got a windows 10 upgrade i upgraded everything was good again no problems but after 3,4 days i got another windows 10 upgrade notification i upgraded but after that it started giving slow charging notifications with the same charger i was charging it with before i changed the charger trying all 0.5,0.75,1,2.1 Amp chargers i have changed cables but it always give this notification and takes forever to charge. First it took 1.5-2 hours to charge fully but now it takes 14-15 hours to charge fully with any charger or cable and if i use it while on charge it doesnt charge at all but keeps the charge constant. i think my battery is not faulty because it gives me the same timing as before when it used to charge fast but now it takes toooooo long to charge. Kindly if anyone has a solution to this it's very annoying. Keep in mind i got this problem after i had the second time windows 10 phone update. I surfed the web there was an option of hard resetting your phone but i have a lot of data in it which i don't want to loose games etc. Please tell me if hard reset or another technique is a solution to it. Thanks

I got the Fast ring I guess... backup everything on your sd card or your pc via usb cable, then use Windows Device recovery tool for turning back 8.1 then via Upgrade Advisor update to Win10 official. And stay there, it works smooth

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss