Lumia 550 sms, wifi, and camera problem. Can I get some help?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 550 sms, wifi, and camera problem.

I'we bough the Lumia 550. I have these three problems:

1) Often it happens that I can't receive or send sms. It just say that it can't be done. When I restart the phone it works, but it happens again after a while. I checked all my sms settings and all are good.

2) Often I lose all wifi. The phone just can not find any network. So, again I must restart it and it seems that the problem is salved. But, it happens again after some time.

3) I bough a new Kingston class 10 16GB SD card and put it into the phone. When I was taking pictures it needed more than 10 seconds to make a photo. On phone's internal memory it works fine. But, I took the identical SD card from my Android phone and put it into Lumia 550 and now it has shorter time for processing a photo. The thing is, the SD card I bough for Lumia now works perfectly on my LG Android phone. So it is not broken. Perfectly good card.

I restarted the phone to factory condition (more than once) and that didn't fix these problems.

Does anyone have the same problems...?

P.S. Sorry for my English.

aquarius

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
My phone had already been updated with the windows 10 update which took more than 2 hrs when I bought it..I set the app download option to "device" only.But the whatsapp "favourite section" doesn't populate any contact.i deleted & reinstall whatsapp twice but no luck. Even when using wiffi the store doesn't open up, gives an error to check the connection while at home however can use wifi to receive whats app messages. Has the windows 10 beta got anything to do with it?is it the beta version of windows running on 550?

Adam McVeigh

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
My phone had already been updated with the windows 10 update which took more than 2 hrs when I bought it..I set the app download option to "device" only.But the whatsapp "favourite section" doesn't populate any contact.i deleted & reinstall whatsapp twice but no luck. Even when using wiffi the store doesn't open up, gives an error to check the connection while at home however can use wifi to receive whats app messages. Has the windows 10 beta got anything to do with it?is it the beta version of windows running on 550?

An update that took 2 hours would have been the .29 version. The .29 is technically the official release to the windows 10 phones (550, 950/xl) so no, in theory it's not beta.

There is a firware update waiting on the WDRT, maybe that will help ease some of the problems on your handset. It helped with issues on mine

3eka

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Loosing Wi-fi connection, no sound notification for emails which i have to check manually since auto update sometimes doesn't work, no sound notification for Facebook and most of other apps.
Too many unnecessary options, do you want this if that...No, i just don't want to brainstorm through my phone setup, which i have to hard reset and redo it all over again.
God, this is so frustrating and i'm really having regrets buying this phone. Surely it will be last one.

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Loosing Wi-fi connection, no sound notification for emails which i have to check manually since auto update sometimes doesn't work, no sound notification for Facebook and most of other apps.
Too many unnecessary options, do you want this if that...No, i just don't want to brainstorm through my phone setup, which i have to hard reset and redo it all over again.
God, this is so frustrating and i'm really having regrets buying this phone. Surely it will be last one.
Is the OS and firmware up to date?

Dominic Stratten

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm having wifi problems on my brand new Lumia 550. It will lose the wifi after 4-6 hours then refuse to reconnect to the access point (any of them - I have a few !). I did a WDRT update - same issue. I also did an OTA firmware update last night - it crashed on reboot and then started up really slowly on the next boot. Another reboot told me I was "nearly there" and everything seemed to work so I left the phone doing nothing and went to work.

Just checked it when I got in - no wifi again ! Did a power off and on again and the poxy thing has crashed with a black screen and nothing else.

Most problematic phone I've owned in 24 years of phone ownership.

More details:

Version 1511
OS Build 10.0.10586.164
Firmware revision number: 01078.00017.15503.21011
Hardware revision 2.0.0.0
Radio Software version 10c56.0006.0001
Chip SOC 8909

SFW10

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm trying to set up a Lumia 550 in the UK on O2 via Tesco Mobile. It has a new Tesco nano sim and a 64 GB Class 10 micro sdxc card from SanDisk. On start up, it could make phone calls and connect to a wireless router and surf the net. It couldn't send or receive text messages and there was no explanation for a send failure. Looking at some of the earlier posts on here, I took the SD card out and now it will send texts. Any advice as to how to fix this would be welcome. It was purchased SIM free in mid March and I'm not sure which level of W10 and firmware it has. I will check that today.
I'm wondering if it can be fixed or should I just send it back for a refund. I can't spend hundreds of hours trying to get this thing to work. My Lumia 735 on W8.1 worked out of the box , the 550 seems to have major problems.

evdel

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
he 550 seems to have major problems.
correction YOUR 550 seems to have major problems.
There are some win10 problems with some SD card brands. If everything is working without the sdcard, change it for a compatible one like the Samsung EVO MB-MP64D

SFW10

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. In the end, it seemed to be two problems. One was a SIM card swap that didn't work and number being swapped was somehow disconnected in error by Tesco until I phoned them and installed a new sim card with the number being swapped attached to it.
Then Windows 10 had an update ready, so I ran that, taking about 2 hours and once it had finished, the phone connected with voice, phone data and wifi, texts worked again and the sd card was recognised. It compares very well to my 735 as a phone and setting up the email account was very easy too. Fingers crossed that my friend now has a good smart phone.

MikkoNev

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 550 sms, wifi, and camera problem.

Hi,

I have 22.3.2016 released firmware with 550 and there is issue with WLAN Connectivity... It loses connection and when reconfiguring you get a error message that you have wrong password. After device reboot it starts working again for about 24 hours. Then the issue reappears.

This either firmware or software issue because in my Lumia 640 wp10mobile I haven't had the same issue. This looks very bad because everything else is working very nice, but if there is connectivity problems it mess the experience very badly.

Hope there will be update soon for this issue.

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site

Hi,

I have 22.3.2016 released firmware with 550 and there is issue with WLAN Connectivity... It loses connection and when reconfiguring you get a error message that you have wrong password. After device reboot it starts working again for about 24 hours. Then the issue reappears.

This either firmware or software issue because in my Lumia 640 wp10mobile I haven't had the same issue. This looks very bad because everything else is working very nice, but if there is connectivity problems it mess the experience very badly.

Hope there will be update soon for this issue.

What build?

Marie Gomez1

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site

Hi there,

I have a new Lumia 550, I have problems with the bluetooth in the car , the calls from whatsapp are not getting via the bluetooth, other calls aren't a problem.
Does someone have an idea how to fix that problem ?
Thanks a lot,

Marie

tasicss

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm too have some prblems with lumia 500, problem is SMS report. After hard reset all forked fine for a while but, after couple days no receive SMS report, i try everything but onlyhard reset fix the problem. This is 4-th hard reset for 1 month for same problem, no sms report. In settings everything is good but not work. I try to fnd problem but no succes.

Taiyaba

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I have recently purchased a Lumia 550 froam Dubai and brought to India . I have three problems with the phone operation ..
1. Audio would not record sound on whatsapp and transmit it .
2 Will not transmit video clips
3, suddenly loose connectivity.
I have tried to switch it off and re-start . the result is the same .Please help to solve theproblem.
Best regards
Taiyaba

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12