resuming after unlock BUG

dragonhope

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Maybe a lot of people unfortunately grab a bitter lemon. I'm on contract and phone is declared OK, must wait for update to fix problem. But maybe i send to repair service to change motherboard just for precaution.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
You could give it a shot. I mean I have had mine for a week now and haven't had a single issue with it. Never seen that resuming screen even when hopping between running apps. Performance works great which I'm pleasantly surprised by.

Maybe a lot of people unfortunately grab a bitter lemon. I'm on contract and phone is declared OK, must wait for update to fix problem. But maybe i send to repair service to change motherboard just for precaution.

dragonhope

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Yes, changing MB is a next step to finally use my Lumia 550 like i should.

Anyway until this happen, i found a third ( according to my first post with two solutions ), and this is:

3. Hold down a back button ( to get to app browse mod ) and lock the screen

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
As a last hope try this (Remove SD card for entire process):

1) Restore to stock firmware using WDRT
2) Update all apps from Store
3) Install Windows Insider
4) Install 10586.63 from Fast Ring
5) Hard Reset
6) Setup your phone again -> Do not restore from backup

dragonhope

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
I send my phone yesterday for repair. In authorized service for Microsoft phones, told me that malfunction is accepted and new phone is only solution. First time with same problem description, service just flash phone firmware and declared it OK. I must wait about 15 days for a new phone to arrive ,and i hope for final solution. Maybe some new reports come from MS - to - service for serial failure in manufacturing, i don't know for sure.

This is a hardware problem apparently, i suggest to all with similar or the same issue, don't wait for update it won't fix it, send phone and request for a new one,or change MB at least.

Thank you everyone for the advice, I will write when a new device come to my hands, with hopefully positive comments.

Until then, cheers !

kwajr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
This happens on w10m but usually when click on a message from the lock screen

When it hangs just hit the home key

Yauheni T

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I also have the same issue with lumia 550. All of 3 tricks for avoiding this bug suggested by dragonhope are works for me. I am interested if an error has repeated with a new phone?

dragonhope

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Good question.

No.

I have got a new phone on 21.01.2016. and till today i had no issue. Everything work perfectly. Microsoft has confirmed a hardware problem with phone/s ( all with same bug/malfunctions ).

I suggest to all who read this, to send urgently your phones for repair and request a new device, or new motherboard to be changed.

Don't wait for update or play with windows insider app in hope to solve this, it's just a waste of time.

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft has confirmed a hardware problem with phone/s ( all with same bug/malfunctions ).

My Wife's brand new 550 is in the same situation. Nearly unusable.

Flashed with the new firmware via WDRT with no avail. Glance on/off, no change.

Your first 2 solutions do work. 3rd doesn't (the long press back - lock).

I'm still deciding whether to call the e-shop to return it (it may have some shipping cost) or ask for warranty at Microsoft. This would be ok if we're sure this is a rare hardware bug that won't happen with another: We've been loyal WP8.0 users and this type of bug would rather seem something SW from my tought. But if your replacement started work flawlessly we might try to send it for replacement.

Hope MS in Italy is aware enough to understand a simple reflash-test-ok woulnd'nt solve anything...

dragonhope

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
""" I'm still deciding whether to call the e-shop to return it (it may have some shipping cost) or ask for warranty at Microsoft. """"

Send to e-shop immediately and request new device. I will never know, but i think that MB replacement would solve problem. I don't have enough time for playing, i need a phone to use.

miauczek

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I bought Lumia 550 in December. After few test I've noticed some kind of "gamebreaker" in build .56 - my start menu wasn't work correctly. I got Loading... message and nothing happened. I had to restart whole thing and pray, that this bug will not return. But he was still there.

Now, on build .107 I got same bug, it's even worse because he is showing in couple minutes after unlocking my mobile. What I've done so far:
- delete 50% of tiles on home screen
- make soft reset and hard reset few times
- changed size of tiles (2 rows instead 3)
- changed background picture to default
- switch to airplane mode
- closed apps before locking mobile

Nothing helped :( It is quite frustrating. Do you have an solution?

dragonhope

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
There is nothing you can do about it. Any type of flashing, resetting, WDRT magic, playing with options... will not help.

That piece of hardware must go for motherboard replace, or you can request a new phone. Unfortunately this is a only solution.

Yauheni T

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I returned my Lumia about month ago and today I've got my money back. So I am wondering what problems have arisen in the use of your new Lumia?
Now I am trying to decide should I buy a new Lumia 550 or just buy another cell phone.

iggs27

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Same here. I got my lumia 550 last week, I see the Resuming screen every few hours.

I go the phone via giffgaff, the economic UK operator. They say that exchanges/refunds need the full packaging, that I through away by mistake.

I want to contact Microsoft in the UK to get it fixed. Can anyone let me know where to go for that? I have no idea, and all I can find online is the Microsoft corporate offices.

.... so disappointing...

dragonhope

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
@Yauheni T

I'm afraid that not understand your question, if you read all of my posts in this thread, you can realize that i don't have any problem of ..resuming.. type after getting new device.

@iggs27

Don't ask a operator for solution, you must contact authorized service for MS phones. Packaging is not condition for replacement.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I returned my Lumia 550 just yesterday, the resuming issue made it unusable. I want a low end Lumia as a backup phone and it's incredible that there isn't one that's reliable. The 520 was more reliable that the 550 I had.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I got my lumia 550 last week, I see the Resuming screen every few hours.

I go the phone via giffgaff, the economic UK operator. They say that exchanges/refunds need the full packaging, that I through away by mistake.

I want to contact Microsoft in the UK to get it fixed. Can anyone let me know where to go for that? I have no idea, and all I can find online is the Microsoft corporate offices.

.... so disappointing...

The phone is faulty, packaging is irrelevant. Don't give up on it, you have rights as a consumer.

Raise a case here and emphasise that the phone is faulty and not fit for purpose.

https://www.giffgaff.com/support/complaints

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I returned my Lumia 550 just yesterday, the resuming issue made it unusable. I want a low end Lumia as a backup phone and it's incredible that there isn't one that's reliable. The 520 was more reliable that the 550 I had.

Why not get the 435?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss