Windows Lumia 550 keeps loosing wifi and going to 4g, how can I fix this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows lumia 550 keeps loosing wifi and going to 4g

Bought this phone a week ago from Three. It connects to my virgin broadband router and works fine. After a couple of hours it looses the connection and only shows 4g network.When you go into wifi it still says secured but if you click on it it says cannot connect to wifi. If i switch the phone off and back on again it is connected but only for a couple of hours. Laptop, apple iphone and tablet all connect with no problems. Should i take the phone back to Three for a replacement or does someone know how to fix this

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows lumia 550 keeps loosing wifi and going to 4g

The first thing I would check is that you are running the latest firmware/OS with the 'Windows Device Recovery Tool'.
Be advised though that if you update your phone it will wipe everything (apart from SD card if you choose not to) so perform a backup.
If you need more help then please join the forum, so that you can reply to this post.

Bert McGaughey

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Exactly the same behaviour here.

Lumia 550
Firmware 01078.00037.16082.41012
OS Build 10.0.10586.218

Wi-Fi connects to a regular network that is saved, then after an hour or so with the phone locked, you unock it and W10M has kicked you off the WLAN and it won't let you connect again until you restart the phone.

The WDRT says my OS and firmware are both up to date.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre