Lumia 550 Store & Videos

satchit

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I have recently purchased the Lumia 550 and I am new to the windows platform.
what I realised after buying this phone is that it has lots of issues.
The Store crashes , some apps are stuck on download and shows no progress , also cant install new apps.
The browser is unable to play videos.
The phone randomly crashes.

Can someone on this forum provide me with some help?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have recently purchased the Lumia 550 and I am new to the windows platform.
what I realised after buying this phone is that it has lots of issues.
The Store crashes , some apps are stuck on download and shows no progress , also cant install new apps.
The browser is unable to play videos.
The phone randomly crashes.

Can someone on this forum provide me with some help?

are you able to access settings > update? Can you check to see if there are any OS updates pending?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the latest version installed .
I check & it shows no new update

Well, you have this option: you can do a factory reset. Be warned that this will wipe out all your data on the phone such as third party apps, music, documents and contacts. Before doing a factory reset, make sure to do back up your contacts, messages and data. Hard reset can be done via settings > system > about > scroll to bottom to find "reset your phone"

After the hard reset is done, sign in, check for OS updates, if there aren't any, go to store and update store first before anything else. Once that is done, then update all other apps a few at a time, critical ones first

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Do you think that the 550 has the hardware capable for running windows 10 ?

the hardware does have the capability, it's just that the software needs more work to iron out all the bugs and issues.

Can you do this: go to settings > system > about > more info : check what version of OS you are on. It should be 10.0.10586.xxx where the xxx could be different for you. If it is not 10586 but a higher version, then you have an insider version

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
OS build : 10.0.14295.1000 is the version installed.
Is there any way to get back to the stable version?

That means you have insider version installed. The only way you can go back is by using a pc and a software called windows device recovery tool. You'll have to install the software on your pc and then connect the phone to the pc and run the software.

Kindly note that WDRT wipes out your phone and starts everything afresh. So do a backup of your data, sms and contacts before running this process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99