Lumia 550 music playback

Joedels

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Hello

Currently, my Lumia 550 is still on .218. This Friday, as I was listening to music, I couldn't help but notice how my Lumia skips some parts of a song, like just a few notes, and then sort of catches up by speeding up the playback a bit.

Anyone else having this issue? Maybe it's because all my music is stored on a sd card (but it is class 10)?

Thanks for your feedback!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello

Currently, my Lumia 550 is still on .218. This Friday, as I was listening to music, I couldn't help but notice how my Lumia skips some parts of a song, like just a few notes, and then sort of catches up by speeding up the playback a bit.

Anyone else having this issue? Maybe it's because all my music is stored on a sd card (but it is class 10)?

Thanks for your feedback!

are those songs old? Copies of copies of copies? The data might be getting corrupted. it might also be happening due to very low bitrates of 32kbps instead of the more usual 128-192kbps

Joedels

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Not really, new songs I download directly from a dj. Problem is I have no issues playing them on my Galaxy S6. I'm installing .318 atm, maybe that'll help.

Joedels

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Ok so I just updated to .318 but no luck. The issue still persists. I'll try playing a song from the internal memory instead of the micro SD card.

Joedels

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
New update: playing the same song from the internal memory helped a lot but did not eleminate the problem completely. However, another song played just fine from the SD card. Seems to me that either groove or the 550 is struggling with big files (the first one was 100mb+, second one was 40mb or so).

bhaspence

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Haven't noticed anything like this either. I use my 550 nearly every day as an mp3 player. My music is stored on a san disk class 10 card.

The only annoying thing i find is if i recieve a phone call that lasts quite a long time the music doesn't continue once the call is ended.Short calls are ok.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar