Will photos taken on an android display on Windows phone when SD card is inserted?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi, I was previously using a Sony Xperia phone with a micro SD card to store any photos I take but have recently started using a Microsoft Lumia 550. When I insert my SD card into the Lumia 550, none of the photos taken on my old android device are displayed in the photo gallery. Might it be that the photos taken on an android device are incompatible with windows?

Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I was previously using a Sony Xperia phone with a micro SD card to store any photos I take but have recently started using a Microsoft Lumia 550. When I insert my SD card into the Lumia 550, none of the photos taken on my old android device are displayed in the photo gallery. Might it be that the photos taken on an android device are incompatible with windows?

Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

No, that's a simple question of foders name. Droid uses completely different, so Win doesn't find them in the place it expects.
Better moving all photos to a notebook, then format the card using phone senttings, and then move the photo again

Mach_E

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
No, that's a simple question of foders name. Droid uses completely different, so Win doesn't ...

IIRC ... The photos app on WM and WP does a scan and finds the pics on the card. It doesn't matter which file they're in.
When I inserted a card that was earlier in my Samsung tablet... the phone did recognise the images and songs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss