Updating to Redstone

Spock_1

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
I have a Lumia 550 running the latest stable release. Let's say i opt in to the insider program choose the Release Preview ring which is currently at Redstone 1. Is this the same version that will be released as the Anniversary update? Also whether my phone would be able to automatically go to Redstone RTM once releases or would i need to completely flash the phone for that?
Basically speaking should I opt in the Release Preview Ring and get Redstone right now or wait for the official update.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The current Fast (& Slow) Ring version of Redstone is 14393.
To my knowledge, there is NO Redstone release preview version, currently (only Threshold)..

I'm currently running 14393 on my Lumia 1520 with NO issues.
This (or the next 14400) version will be Redstone RTM & will be the Anniversary Update.
I say the next, as there are still some minor bugs that users are experiencing.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 550 running the latest stable release. Let's say i opt in to the insider program choose the Release Preview ring which is currently at Redstone 1. Is this the same version that will be released as the Anniversary update? Also whether my phone would be able to automatically go to Redstone RTM once releases or would i need to completely flash the phone for that?
Basically speaking should I opt in the Release Preview Ring and get Redstone right now or wait for the official update.

it's less than 2 weeks to go, so just have patience and wait for it

Spock_1

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by MDK22
To my knowledge, there is NO Redstone release preview version, currently (only Threshold)..

This (or the next 14400) version will be Redstone RTM & will be the Anniversary Update.

So does updating to the slow ring makes sense now or is it better to hold out for RTM?

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

I stand corrected ... currently downloading 14393.3 for my 1520.
IF all the bugs are snuffed, this could be RTM.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
14393 was said to be the front runner for RTM... Just to be clear I have checked for it on my 640 and it is still not on Release Ring yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo