How to cast/mirror screen of Lumia 550 to PC, while both have anniversary update?

asharma13

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I have anniversary update installed on my PC & Lumia 550. I was trying testing "connect" option in action center.

When I open "Connect" app on my PC, it displays "This PC is ready for you to connect wirelessly." But Lumia 550 can't recognize any device & show in connect section.

Both the devices are connected with same Wifi. Do I need a separate Miracast dongle? How this "Connect" app should exactly work in PC?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have anniversary update installed on my PC & Lumia 550. I was trying testing "connect" option in action center.

When I open "Connect" app on my PC, it displays "This PC is ready for you to connect wirelessly." But Lumia 550 can't recognize any device & show in connect section.

Both the devices are connected with same Wifi. Do I need a separate Miracast dongle? How this "Connect" app should exactly work in PC?

You must do the contrary: full open 550 action center then tap on Connect and follow on screen instruction.
Use search toolbox, there is an article about that

asharma13

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Done that but still no device is available on "Connect" screen. I think a separate Miracast receiver is needed. Can you give some links about the article your are referring to? It will be helpful.

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
On your PC go to Settings->System->"Projecting to this PC" and enable it there before trying to project your 550 to the PC?

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
You mentioned both devices are connected with "same Wifi" - but is the PC connected via Ethernet cable and/or Wifi also? If so, try disabling/disconnecting ethernet cable and ensure the PC is also connected via Wifi?

champ76

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Try downloading 'project my screen' app on your pc. After that connect your phone to pc via usb and open the project my screen app. Your phone will have a notification confirming to allow to project the screen. Allow it and screen is now getting projected. You can even control your phone through pc. :)

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
So I just updated my 650 to insider AU and have a custom desktop and a HP Envy 13 laptop running AU and tried this wireless display thingy. My desktop is Skylake build with i5-6500 CPU, H170 mobo and a add-on TP-Link wifi card.

1. PC-to-PC screen cast works both ways between my desktop and laptop, even though when enabling projection on my desktop there is a notice that my hardware might not fully support this feature.

2. 650-to-Laptop doesn't work properly, meaning the phone is able to detect the laptop in Connect app and is able to connect to the laptop but only seems to display the top-left quarter of the phone's image on the laptop and the UI movements are very jerky.

3. 650-to-Desktop doesn't work, meaning although the desktop is visible on the phone's Connect app the phone fails to connect. Only once my desktop actually displayed the notification asking to allow connection but after accepting it the phone errored out.

Now I believe all my devices are on Wifi-N mode (not B, G or AC) - maybe the final release of AU for mobile will be able to improve things.

asharma13

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I got the problem at last. The thing is, not every desktop supports Miracast. Some laptops may support it but not desktops. The feature is working nicely on LG 4K SmartTV. For PC, "Project My Screen" app is only way.

mdanish

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
My Working? My PC on Wifi & mobile Also, open Connect app, Setting>Project Allow Devices to this PC & Connect Mobile via Action Center Connect.
Its Working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3