L550 for $99. Still worth it?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I think it depends what you would like to do with the phone. I am kind of debating this myself really.

I don't plan to use it for pictures (even though daylight pictures are respectable). If I can find a third-party green back that fits, I might take a chance.

Edit: So there is a lot of them. Probably going to take a chance on this.

Edit 2: So I did buy one after all, along with a third-party green back. It's not going to be my main phone, so again, it depends on what you plan to use it for.

Last edited:

IIDXholic

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
There was an ad on eBay for a 650. The guy wanted 150 dollars for a new, unlocked one. When I missed it, I noticed that nobody bought it. I sent the seller a message if he would take 100 for it and ship it on my account. Said yes and here I have a new unlocked 650. It doesn't hurt to ask but your results may vary =D. I wouldn't mind looking for a cheap 550 though too

IIDXholic

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Hmm didn't realize this was from the Microsoft store, and available down the street from me. Using a Student discount would get you 10 percent off as well. Looks like now is the right time to pick one up!

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Looking to get back in WP and can't decide if I want an older Lumia or one from the new crop. Then I saw this deal from MS. Still worth it?

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Phone_Cat_ModC_Lumia550_081816&token=SvAtxFco

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

for an extra 50 bucks you can get a sexy AF Lumia 650 on Amazon and it is totally worth it for that little bit of a price jump for something you use for hours every single day...that's my opinon anyways. The 650 feels like a high end premium super phone whereas the 550 feels like a dated thick boring budget phone with a thickness and weight out of 2013.

IMO the difference between the 650 and 550 is much greater than the 650 and 950 and that's saying a lot.

Check out my review on the 650 thread in this forum, it has got a lot of praise, I think I did a decent job in succinctly pointing out the 650s excellent characteristics.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
for an extra 50 bucks you can get a sexy AF Lumia 650 on Amazon and it is totally worth it for that little bit of a price jump for something you use for hours every single day...that's my opinon anyways. The 650 feels like a high end premium super phone whereas the 550 feels like a dated thick boring budget phone with a thickness and weight out of 2013.

IMO the difference between the 650 and 550 is much greater than the 650 and 950 and that's saying a lot.

Check out my review on the 650 thread in this forum, it has got a lot of praise, I think I did a decent job in succinctly pointing out the 650s excellent characteristics.

That was a really nice review. It even might have swayed me. If I could find a white 650 ID probably jump on it. The black version doesn't overly thrill me.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
That was a really nice review. It even might have swayed me. If I could find a white 650 ID probably jump on it. The black version doesn't overly thrill me.

I agree.

The white 650 owns the black 650. Just a matter of opinion though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro