On screen buttons?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
No problem with on-screen buttons here.
The 535 has them and it's handy how they hide when in the camera app.

SamiHanna

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
You can easily hide the buttons by swiping from the bottom of the screen. Its actually better than actual buttons because you wont be accidently pressing buttons
Right now I have an Ativ S with physical buttons so I'm much used to that, still going to buy the 640 XL though.

Allan Cantillo M

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
If the onscreen buttons were customizable I would remove the search virtual button and add the camera virtual button.
But I think this is not going to be implemented, and not customizable via API, which could be excellent.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
On screen buttons aren't bad. But, what I dislike about these on screen buttons, is, that you have swipe, in order to show / hide them. Can;t the make it like some of the android device,s where a simple touch will bring the on screen buttons and hide, if there is no screen activity for some time?

MarkXsama

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
On-screen of software buttons, as I like to call them, are better in some ways. First, they cannot brake (like iPhone button) nor get hardware issues (like l920). They, as in build 10136, can be customized with colors + could be customized to look differently in shape and position, in the future. Then, they are completely highlighted by screen back-light. Brightness is adjustable, not just on off or battery saver mode. In many cases they are positioned better than the too low to press comfortably or too up to look god on the big empty space of the phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I hate onscreen buttons to be honest. I prefer capacitive and is my one true con with the 640 XL.
That being said, I am adjusting to it well and I just leave the on screen buttons on permanently because the constant swiping away and bringing it back annoys me.

So I went from hating them to tolerating them :D That being said, hopefully my next phone wont have them :D

dampie

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
How did you make those on-screen buttons permanently visible?
I can't stand that those buttons keep disappearing.

Thanks.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Using a 640 XL now and I like on screen buttons more. When I had my 925 I was constantly hitting the back space or Home button when I was in landscape mode watching videos or reading. Now with a swipe the buttons are gone and no more accidental button pressing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes