Pictures + Videos Taken With My Lumia 640 XL

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Photo Comparison

In a recent thread I saw that there is a registry edit which enables capture of DNG.
I wish this option was enabled as a native option when W10M comes out.
The algorithms used in Lumia Camera App is not upto the mark.
I believe they can squeeze more juice out of this sensor.

yeah, I posted about the ability to change the registry setting. I do not believe MS will enable that for the 640xl though. Nice photo - where is that?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
taken with rich capture on my bike ride into work. what you see is a flood field between our development and a school in the neighborhood. The first shot actually didn't show much and I was trying to get the fog only. However, just 10min later and the sky showed these colors. Sun was just about to come up through the trees. It felt like "home", a nice fall day and walking barefoot through the grass in the morning, with the earthy, musty smell of falling leaves...
WP_20151006_07_24_23_Rich.jpg

Abhinay Kumar Singh

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I purchased Lumia 640xl lte yesterday evening for my father. The camera has some big issue I guess. As soon as I open the Lumia camera, its all very grainy and the grains don't disappear even after clicking the pictures. There is no dust or any fingerprint mark on the camera. The same goes with the front camera. This is when I am inside my home. I am very disappointed with this and don't even bother to check the camera outdoors. What shall I do, go to the service centre on my very first day after the purchase?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I purchased Lumia 640xl lte yesterday evening for my father. The camera has some big issue I guess. As soon as I open the Lumia camera, its all very grainy and the grains don't disappear even after clicking the pictures. There is no dust or any fingerprint mark on the camera. The same goes with the front camera. This is when I am inside my home. I am very disappointed with this and don't even bother to check the camera outdoors. What shall I do, go to the service centre on my very first day after the purchase?
What is the light situation like when you try to take pictures? Low light, daylight?

Abhinay Kumar Singh

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Took the first picture in a cfl light, then turned on the other lights in the room(its sufficient) because my htc one captures good enough images even with lower lighting, at least without the grainy stuff. However after reading the settings for the iso and shutter lag now I can see some improvement in the quality, but still not good enough. The pictures.are dull as well, overall really disappointed. The phone screen itself appears to be dull, it lacks that shine as it should be with a gorilla glass 3. Even my mom's older Lumia 720 has a more live and vibrant screen.

Felix Wong

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Here are photos taken with a Lumia 640 XL during a trip to the Yucatan Peninsula. I used Rich Capture for all these. Been enjoying the 640 XL so much that I have not been tempted by the new 950 XL... yet!

chichen-itza-11-2015-002.jpg
isla-mujeres-day-trip-11-2015-014.jpg
tortugranja-isla-mujeres-11-2015-002.jpg

There are many more photos on my personal blog (felixwong.com). Basically all posts written since August 2015 have pics taken with the Lumia 640 XL.

Last edited:

t0ny94

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Here are some sample shots from Germany. They are all taken in auto mode and not edited.

WP_20151031_11_30_59_Pro.jpg
WP_20151031_12_08_40_Pro.jpg
WP_20151114_14_18_27_Pro.jpg
WP_20151107_15_21_28_Pro.jpg
WP_20151107_13_17_39_Rich.jpg

The first 2 shots were taken in sunny weather and all photos from this day were really good. It was cloudy when the last 3 were taken and they didn't turn out great. But still this is expected.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Wernigerode, beautiful town. I remember my first bike tour on Kopfsteinpflaster right after the wall came down. We started in Clausthal and biked around the entire Harz Mountains.
cool pictures. Cheers

t0ny94

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Wernigerode, beautiful town. I remember my first bike tour on Kopfsteinpflaster right after the wall came down. We started in Clausthal and biked around the entire Harz Mountains.
cool pictures. Cheers
Really beautiful town indeed. I really liked the "Schloss" and actually I wanted to add 2 more pictures from its inner yard, but the wp forum didn't accept them for some reason. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett