640XL - Where to buy

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping that Microsoft carries these unlocked right off the bat.

Relying on carriers (for anything) proves tiring.

Anyone know if Microsoft stores will carry them unlocked?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
In North America, the 640 LTE and 640 XL LTE have support for most North American bands so it will most likely be sold unlocked through the MS stores eventually. The only question is when.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In North America, the 640 LTE and 640 XL LTE have support for most North American bands so it will most likely be sold unlocked through the MS stores eventually. The only question is when.

and if not in brick-and-mortar US stores, you should be just fine picking one up online.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
They need to be more specific on things like this all they did was leave is with more questions. When is the release date? Is it coming to tmobile? Will Microsoft sell it unlocked????? Lol

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They need to be more specific on things like this all they did was leave is with more questions. When is the release date? Is it coming to tmobile? Will Microsoft sell it unlocked????? Lol

The phones are going on sale later this month I thought I read.
XL, I don't know.

Of course it'll be sold unlocked!
Almost any phone sold has some unlocked flavor. (there are exceptions of course, but this duo isn't it)

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
The phones are going on sale later this month I thought I read.
XL, I don't know.

Of course it'll be sold unlocked!
Almost any phone sold has some unlocked flavor. (there are exceptions of course, but this duo isn't it)

How quickly do they usually sell the unlocked phones? I'm new to the gsm/unlocked phones just switched in sept from vzw

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How quickly do they usually sell the unlocked phones? I'm new to the gsm/unlocked phones just switched in sept from vzw

I think its whenever it launches, the question is more regional availability, and when for specific regions.
It'll probably be a month or so, my guess.

Wessam Hussien

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I think its whenever it launches, the question is more regional availability, and when for specific regions.
It'll probably be a month or so, my guess.

Microsoft on the right path they started pre-order of Lumia 640 days ago and now 640XL on amazon Germany, can't wait till there is camera comparison between it and Lumia 830.

In US it will come to ATT, T-Mobile and Metropcs.

Last edited by a moderator:

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Still no official dates in regards to availability in North America. MS needs to do a better job getting their dates straight instead of leaving people in the dark and then have them lose interest.

Manchester1894

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I have an old HTC Wildfire S on Android. The 640 and XL caught me eye on YouTube. I really want the XL but it has to be sub ?200 sim free or on o2. The MS store price is ?219. However I notice Expansys have it on pre-order at ?185(640 at ?149) which I hope bodes well for UK networks when released.
Out of interest I went on live chat with EE and they said April 15th launch for the 640. I think most networks will have 7th-15th for 640 and 16th-27th for the XL

Update 01/04:
Amazon UK has the 640 at ?186.92 available for pre-order. Expensive. This alone may rule out the 640 XL for me as almost guarentee's price will be almost ?220.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss