Lumia 640 XL Bugs + Defects

Ronho7

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone notice that the animation on this Microsoft device is not as smooth as it is on Nokia devices? Especially when I scroll the live tiles on Start screen with my finger remaining on the screen, it shows some lagging movements.
I have used the mid-range 625 720 and 730 from Nokia but never experienced such an issue.
Hope someone can help me out

BladerXrz

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Had to get rid of my 640XL...it had severe battery drain for a windows phone(The sole reason for buying this phone was because of its battery life and camera..and I was not impressed)....I just used screen lock and unlock to check normal messages when i was at work...i was shocked that it lost 26 - 27% in 6 hours..and i hardly touched the phone once or maybe twice for 2 to 3 minutes each hour to reply back..The battery saver mode was always on and no back ground tasks running...Iam feeling down that my hard earned money was wasted..within 2 weeks of purchase...My gripe about this phone was that it took around 4 hours+ to charge and if it cannot even last a single day..then whats the use of the phone? luckily I got my 172.6$ back...and this is the last time ill try my luck with a windows phone..

P.S I still will never regret owning the Nokia Lumia 720...it was the king of all the Lumia devices till now..at least for me.

Ronho7

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Had to get rid of my 640XL...it had severe battery drain for a windows phone(The sole reason for buying this phone was because of its battery life and camera..and I was not impressed)....I just used screen lock and unlock to check normal messages when i was at work...i was shocked that it lost 26 - 27% in 6 hours..and i hardly touched the phone once or maybe twice for 2 to 3 minutes each hour to reply back..The battery saver mode was always on and no back ground tasks running...Iam feeling down that my hard earned money was wasted..within 2 weeks of purchase...My gripe about this phone was that it took around 4 hours+ to charge and if it cannot even last a single day..then whats the use of the phone? luckily I got my 172.6$ back...and this is the last time ill try my luck with a windows phone..

P.S I still will never regret owning the Nokia Lumia 720...it was the king of all the Lumia devices till now..at least for me.

Wow, maybe your phone has some issues regarding the hardware. Have you try hard reset?Have you any friends who have the same phones to compare the battery life with?
My 640 XL is so good in battery that I'm so in love with it, of course for regular use in 2 days. If I put it on hard pressure, it can last for 1 and a half day.
For the charging issue, I think Microsoft has made a quite bad idea when supplying the 750mA adapter YET it can give us the so-called reasonable price. I think you can change into the 1.5A adapter from the lumia 1520 or from Sony, which takes you only 2 to 2.5 hours to fully charge the lumia 640 XL.
PS: I'm using the 1.5A Sony adapter now and everything turns fine now.

Ronho7

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site

About your issues:
1. My friends' Lumia 640 XL as well as mine never experienced such severe battery drain like yours, we can last 1 and a half days for heavy use and 2 for regular use. Have you tried another lumia 640 XL yet?
2. For the slow charging adapter, I think that is the cure for the reasonable price of this phone, and I have replaced it with the adapter of Lumia 1520 or from Sony with 1.5A output, which takes me only 2 or 2.5 hours to fully charge the phone.

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I have never experienced such lag. Did you really checked whats causing the background battery drain? There might be some apps that causing this. I travel every week and 640XL serves me very well through out the journey which is a 9hr ride.

About your issues:
1. My friends' Lumia 640 XL as well as mine never experienced such severe battery drain like yours, we can last 1 and a half days for heavy use and 2 for regular use. Have you tried another lumia 640 XL yet?
2. For the slow charging adapter, I think that is the cure for the reasonable price of this phone, and I have replaced it with the adapter of Lumia 1520 or from Sony with 1.5A output, which takes me only 2 or 2.5 hours to fully charge the phone.

BladerXrz

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Yup i did try hard reset...twice....it did not work...tried a 1amp..1.5amp charger too....charging was better...but the battery drain was constant (there were zero apps in the background)...people at the service center did diagnose the device...at first...they refused that there was any problem...but after thoroughly checking it....they did conclude that something was indeed faulty and they need to take the device in for at least 4 days..so they can diagnose properly....I really loved my phone...the build quality..the impressive camera..weight..it was just superb on the 640XL..it was indeed an excellent device....but I was blessed with badluck..Fearing they might damage my phone in the repairs and claim no responsibility for it(happened with my friend's Lumia 920...motherboard damaged..while in repairs..that was in warranty too and took the route of law when they refused replacing it) later...I decided to sell off the beauty...it was a very tough choice...yea Iam really down...

P.S I compared my phone's battery life with my friend's Samsung Galaxy E7 ....actually i was amazed..at its battery life and ashamed at the same time as Iam a windows phone user(WP are known for battery backup)..Also compared 3000mah+ battery equipped phones like Note 3 Neo and Xperia T2 Ultra...they actually left my phone in the dust...if its compared with the battery...T2 ultra emerged as the clear victor as it could last 2 days on heavy use easily..maybe more...Note 3 Neo and the Galaxy E7 were not far behind either...Thank you Ron and Intense for helping me out..

Last edited:

Ronho7

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Yup i did try hard reset...twice....it did not work...tried a 1amp..1.5amp charger too....charging was better...but the battery drain was constant (there were zero apps in the background)...people at the service center did diagnose the device...at first...they refused that there was any problem...but after thoroughly checking it....they did conclude that something was indeed faulty and they need to take the device in for at least 4 days..so they can diagnose properly....I really loved my phone...the build quality..the impressive camera..weight..it was just superb on the 640XL..it was indeed an excellent device....

yeah, what a bad luck for you. In your case, I would love to try out another battery for the phone to exactly identify from which, the phone itself or accessory, the problem came. There's no way round except turning in the phone to Care Center if it is the phone to damage the battery, and it would be a relief if the battery is the cause. Anyway, you have sold it. I hope that you will give Microsoft another chance for this phone coz it truly is a good phone. I'm really satisfied having it with me now.

PS: I'm from Vietnam and the Care's service in my country always scares me to death (like you said, the phone may turn worse after coming out of Care Center). Thought that my country is the only one with such bad care qualities, haha, now I know I'm not alone.

Vicky Krishnatrai

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Bugs and solutions of Lumia 640 XL.

Lumia 640 XL is middle range device with some flagship features. But there several leakages in this device. Incude glance screen and flash light. I am using this device since 20 days and the major problem is flash light. Sometimes when I try to on flash light thorug any application available in marketplace like #toolkit and flashlightx, it doesn't work. At the same time when I go to the camera apps and click any picture it works but when I tap on screen to focous it doesn't work and in video mode flash light don't work but when I click any photo at the same it works. This is very confusing error. Have anybody solution or experiencing?

Last edited:

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
re: [L640XL] Anyone experiencing Flash Light app problems?

Well I don't have any of the issues you mentioned... What's wrong with glance screen???

Vicky Krishnatrai

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: [L640XL] Anyone experiencing Flash Light app problems?

Here is the solution for flash light! Flash light apps don't work when your device is on charging and above mentioned all flash light.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
That's odd that they would disable torch mode while the device is charging... Although I can see how it would draw a lot of power and take longer to charge.

On my 920, it lets me use the flashlight while charging. Maybe it was a decision they made on newer hardware.

Vicky Krishnatrai

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: [L640XL] Anyone experiencing Flash Light app problems?

That's odd that they would disable torch mode while the device is charging... Although I can see how it would draw a lot of power and take longer to charge.

On my 920, it lets me use the flashlight while charging. Maybe it was a decision they made on newer hardware.

Yes! But this is because of wp8.1 update 2.

Rikin Vaghani

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I have a black Lumia 640XL bought it just 4 days back....the battery drains 2 to 4% overnight....is this normal?(I have no background apps running and battery saver is always on)..do i need to perform a factory reset?It takes around 4 hours to charge the battery from 20% to 100%..

P.S I think the 640 XL..has a tendency to oversharpen images...it kind of looks like all the shots you take are in HDR mode...give me some pointers :)

with your lumia 640 XL you are getting 700 mAh charge. It means it will charge your battery to 700 mA per hour...
now point is your battery is 3000 mAh power.. so it will obviously take at least 4 hr to fully charge.

Andreas

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Im having problems with saving HDR/Advanced mode photos after using the edit function of Lumia Camera.

Its setup to save images to the SD card but it takes forever, never finish. Using a class10 Samsung with 80MB/s write speed but the scrolling buzy icon keeps looping.

rab19xx

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I bought my 640 XL last week and I was happy that the battery saver says that I have 2 days worth of juice on a fully charged battery but now it is saying it only has less than 24 hours of charge left? What gives? Any ideas? Is this a defective battery? Any input will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Pavstar619

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I bought my 640 XL last week and I was happy that the battery saver says that I have 2 days worth of juice on a fully charged battery but now it is saying it only has less than 24 hours of charge left? What gives? Any ideas? Is this a defective battery? Any input will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Did u try restarting phone? Taking battery out? Turning Battery Saver off then on again? Hope it helps :smile:

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
That's normal battery life.. When you keep gps and mobile data on all the time.. With moderate usage

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)