[L640XL] Does it have a lot of bang for the bucks?

frenzyvanrafi

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion, Lumia 640 XL can beating overpriced green robot smartphone with same specs such Samsung Galaxy E7 (forget the AMOLED display) and Sony XPERIA C3 (forget the front flash and Sony display).

Here's why:
- 5.7 HD IPS Display (slight larger than it competitor)
- 13MP Camera with Rich Capture (competitor actually has HDR but no Dynamic Flash)
- Windows Phone that consume less resource (unfortunately WP got sentiment by app developer because of little market share, but Microsoft should expanding Windows smartphone market)
- Price slight cheaper than it competitor (depending the variant, definitely Dual-SIM variant much cheaper)

I want to buy Lumia 640 XL to replace my problematic Lumia 720 (Lumia 720 lack of accessories selection in my country, volume down broken after WP8.1, non-removable battery, less gripping design so it prone to falling from hand)

That's all my opinion, I'm not laughing any competitor, if I must choose Android I choose Sony XPERIA, any suggestion allowed...

Thanks! :smile:

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
But if u consider the Zenfone 2(ZE550) which in fact is as cheap as a regular 640 and makes the XL look overpriced.
Not to forget upcoming Galaxy J7 which is decent bang for the buck too and should be cheaper.

frenzyvanrafi

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
But if u consider the Zenfone 2(ZE550) which in fact is as cheap as a regular 640 and makes the XL look overpriced.
Not to forget upcoming Galaxy J7 which is decent bang for the buck too and should be cheaper.
Yes, you're right. But in my country Zenfone ZE550M may priced same as XL or slight cheaper, I hope Zenfone 2 ZE550M camera no longer disappointing as previous Zenfone, but not released yet (just like 640 series) in Indonesia. And Galaxy J7 didn't know yet since it also not released

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Reminder this thread is about the Lumia 640XL

Thread cleaned.
No more "this versus that" conflicts please.

I'll close this thread if name calling or arguing at length continues.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
259 ppi is solid for the price...

300 ppi is generally touted as the threshold at which the human eye stops seeing a difference with normal viewing distances and 259 is pretty close to the magic number... Also, don't forget that more pixels = more battery drain. Everyone knows that screen is the number one battery consumer.

I'd call it a compromise and not a disadvantage at the price point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss