Unable to set MSN Weather as detailed status in glance screen?

Rikin Vaghani

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
hey guys. I am getting issue with my glance that i can't set MSN Weather or MSN health & fitness in my glance screen.... any idea about it?

as per my knowledge glnce screen can do it... or am i going in wrong direction?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
How come?

Doesn't Settings > lock screen > set "Weather" (that is Microsoft's Weather app) as the "Background" work?

How about launching Weather (Microsoft's Weather), going to the app settings, tapping on "Lock Screen Settings" (which will bring you to the same page as in the second option)?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
As of now the Lumia 640 and 640 XL doesn't support the latest version of glance screen settings, which enables this feature.
It does work, there are posts from folks for whom it has been working out of the box. It's more of a software glitch but the functionality does exist.

OP: Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling back to the phone memory (if it's not on phone memory already)?

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
This is a known fact. The reason is the limitation of the memory or screen tech used in :640XL. The Glance feature can only display time and notification not the application.

Rikin Vaghani

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
http://www.windowscentral.com/micro...e=related&utm_medium=module&utm_campaign=nexthttp://www.windowscentral.com/micro...e=related&utm_medium=module&utm_campaign=nexthttp://www.windowscentral.com/micro...e=related&utm_medium=module&utm_campaign=next
How come?

Doesn't Settings > lock screen > set "Weather" (that is Microsoft's Weather app) as the "Background" work?

How about launching Weather (Microsoft's Weather), going to the app settings, tapping on "Lock Screen Settings" (which will bring you to the
same page as in the second option)?

My mistake... I can see weather in lockscreen but cant see same in Glance....Latest version of glance can do that..

This is a known fact. The reason is the limitation of the memory or screen tech used in :640XL. The Glance feature can only display time and notification not the application.

new update of glance screen can do that here is the link...Microsoft releases a substantial update for Glance Screen on Lumia Windows Phones | Windows Central

Set your lock-screen background as Weather.

Showing weather in lock screen but not in glance...

It does work, there are posts from folks for whom it has been working out of the box. It's more of a software glitch but the functionality does exist.

OP: Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling back to the phone memory (if it's not on phone memory already)?

It is already at phone memory... But u can still set as background photo even if it is on SD card. (tried personally)

As of now the Lumia 640 and 640 XL doesn't support the latest version of glance screen settings, which enables this feature.

thanks for answer... I m thinking same.... at first day i was shocked that is my phone is faulty.... but after googling and you-tubing i m 70% sure that it is not released for 640 XL yet..

Last edited by a moderator:

Mchl5_5Dwrds

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I just want to let you know I am in the same boat as you are.. I can't get it to work and its frustrating the hell out of me. One thing that hadn't been said ( and might be my own particular case) is when Weather is set as the lockscreen, all I get is the generic sunshine wallpaper that the app usually shows. I get no information at all.
In the past I have used this feature and it worked flawlessly, but it has been a few months since I have used glance...

Rikin Vaghani

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I just want to let you know I am in the same boat as you are.. I can't get it to work and its frustrating the hell out of me. One thing that hadn't been said ( and might be my own particular case) is when Weather is set as the lockscreen, all I get is the generic sunshine wallpaper that the app usually shows. I get no information at all.
In the past I have used this feature and it worked flawlessly, but it has been a few months since I have used glance...

Yea microsoft must release pending glance update as they hide this thing from the buyers of 640 XL

Manmikey

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
640 here with same problem, glance screen will only display the date, time and basic content, the option to select detailed content is missing from glance screen settings, when comparing to my nokia 620 that option is there and i can select detailed content weather etc.
I can only assume Microsoft has disabled the option due to hardware limitations on the 640 640xl

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos