Where is that AT&T 640XL?

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Why are we still waiting for at$t to announce the 640xl release date? They've had the "coming soon" page up over a month. This is becoming ridiculous!!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

John Wiskowski

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
re: Where is that AT&T 640XL?

Yeah, I am annoyed as well. Assuming late May release. It seems the LTE versions of the 640 XL aren't shipping many places (if at all) yet. Just the 3G versions at places like Expansys. I have an LTE pre-ordered at Expansys but would prefer the AT&T variant as the international LTE variants won't get LTE on AT&T.

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm very interested in a large windows phone since I owned a 1520. That phone was too big for me but I thought WP on a big screen was fantastic. MS is losing a sale here, I've been with android for a year and a half and am looking to buy WP NOW!! Had WP for two years prior, since 920 release. Have a onetouch idol3 5.5" on preorder but I would cancel that to pick up the 640xl, but noooooo!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Where is the AT&T 640XL you ask?

Far as a I can tell it's closely guarded secret.
:grin:

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

I wish this thing would hurry up and get released. Considering giving up my iPhone 6 for this because my old eyes can't deal with small screens anymore and I'm not paying $850 for a phone again, ever.

enixon

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

I just bought the 640 XL off of Expansys-USA and it works on AT&T LTE, at least in New Jersey. I'm very happy. haha

enixon

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

Yep, the one I received was the 640 XL LTE Dual SIM, and I only selected the 640 XL.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I just talked to At&t, they said they are working out the quirks of their network and will have it done soon. If you start holding your breath now, you wont die until the release. LOL

But seriously, i am waiting too.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I just talked to At&t, they said they are working out the quirks of their network and will have it done soon. If you start holding your breath now, you wont die until the release. LOL

But seriously, i am waiting too.

Out of curiosity, what are they referring to that will be done soon?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Just an fyi....
I can vouch for what enixon is saying about the 640 XL. I'm using my brand new 640 XL on AT&T with 4G speeds that are comparable to the speeds I'm getting on my AT&T 1520. I'm very pleased with the phone, and actually plan on selling my 1520 now...if things continue to go well. I was skeptical at first, but the 5.7 inch screen is a really nice size.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Just an fyi....
I can vouch for what enixon is saying about the 640 XL. I'm using my brand new 640 XL on AT&T with 4G speeds that are comparable to the speeds I'm getting on my AT&T 1520. I'm very pleased with the phone, and actually plan on selling my 1520 now...if things continue to go well. I was skeptical at first, but the 5.7 inch screen is a really nice size.

Waiting patiently for you to sell me the 640XL when the 940 hits!
Lol with :grin:

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
How is the screen on the 640lx?... Does the 260ppi look ok?..i think that's my biggest worry about getting this phone.

I have no problems with the screen. If you have seen the 630/635's screen, then you've seen a pretty bad screen. The 640 XL's screen, in my opinion, is on par or slightly better than the 1320's screen...way better than anything 635 or below. I have no idea what the specs are on each, as I'm not really a spec guy. I'm just going by what I see when I line them up side by side. I will say that you will notice a little jaggedness around text on some websites or in articles, but not always, for whatever reason. But, it's really not a deal breaker for me because I don't spend hours reading using my phone....emails, news, texting mostly. Just to let you know, i also own the 1520, and love that screen, so I'm familiar with the best screen WP has to offer as well. I took a shot in the dark when I ordered this phone, and am very highly pleased. My only complaints are: On-screen navigation buttons, no dedicated camera button, and somewhat show battery charge time, especially when using random chargers/cables. This phone really likes its specific cable. I often get the "slow charging" warning when using other cables. Everything else about this phone is top notch. For the price, it's an excellent choice.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99