Enixon's Lumia 640 XL Review

enixon

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Does the phone get visual voicemail on AT&T?...i know other dual sim phones don't and am curious if this one does.

It would get it if AT&T had the correct IMEIs for the devices. Right on par with AT&T, no one has contacted me back when promised. So now I will have to try to go through the support again and get transferred 10 times before I get to someone who actually isn't reading a script and knows a little bit about their own network. This hasn't been a pleasant experience for me, but then again I've never had a pleasant experience dealing with any cellular network's support system.

Gotta love the battery life, my L925 sucks in battery department.

Yeah, battery life is too good IMO...

It's easily two days, I didn't charge it last night again and will post a screenshot of the battery stats again.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Great review enixon, your spot on with this device. Soon as I read yours an others I ordered one up that was just as cheap on eBay. The orange color is indeed nice and gets a lot of attention from everyone that sees it. I have a T-mobile & AT&T sim in mine and service is great with both. Battery life is fantastic and my wife is jealous of mine even though she has an iPhone 6+. I installed a glass screen protector on mine and now it is indeed complete.

My First dual sim phone and i must say if you have more than one provider this so beats carrying 2 phones, which is what I was desperately hoping for.

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Wow, those ebay prices are insane. Considering the price of the Cricket 640 and the rumored price of the unlocked 640 ($89) from Microsoft, I'm hoping the 640 XL is around $200 or even less when/if it gets released in the U.S.

enixon

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Just to update everyone, AT&T has added all of the IMEIs for the 640 XL, so if you have one and are on AT&T's network, it will function just like any other LTE phone!

Kanishka

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Just to update everyone, AT&T has added all of the IMEIs for the 640 XL, so if you have one and are on AT&T's network, it will function just like any other LTE phone!

So your XL is running LTE no issues on ATT? My 920 is really pissing me off because it needs conistent charging. Even the 920 battery case I got an Amazon is barely holding up.
It looks like Expansys does not carry the 640XL anymore.
Is there a certain model number to look out for?

I was eyeing this one on eBay
Microsoft Lumia 640 XL LTE Dual Sim Orange 8GB 5 7"HSDPA Windows Phone FreeShip | eBay

Kurt Falde

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

Thanks :) I have mine sitting on the counter was kind of holding off between needing to reinstall/configure stuff on it and seeing if this would happen :)

Awais Bilal

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Since I've had the phone for a few days now, I figured I would update my battery life experience. I don't charge my phone every night, it's more like every other night, and I could get three days out of it if I needed to. My general usage is a lot of IE, a lot of Facebook, around 1-2 hours of Netflix streamed to a Wireless Display Adapter, 8Stream (Twitch) for an hour or so, and a lot of text messaging. That is around my normal daily usage.

View attachment 104852View attachment 104853

you are getting fantastic battery life, I got this phone 2 days back and charged only twice so far and I am not getting as much battery life may be its performance will get batter in few days also here in my country weather is getting extremely hot day by day may be that could also be reason of less battery life, not sure..

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
you are getting fantastic battery life, I got this phone 2 days back and charged only twice so far and I am not getting as much battery life may be its performance will get batter in few days also here in my country weather is getting extremely hot day by day may be that could also be reason of less battery life, not sure..

Depends on usage. If you're playing games all day long, you probably won't get 2 days battery life.
It might be lowered due to the hot weather though.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm impressed with it overall. Ordered one to replace my father's 1320 (he wanted a better camera and Miracast support. The phone was otherwise very solid). I don't think the 640 XL is quite on par with my 830 (especially camera and design), but it's close in many respects.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to know that as well as Internet Sharing. My 930 worked fine with visual voicemail as well as internet sharing, so I was hoping the XL would too.

enixon

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, haven't logged in this site in quite some time. I was getting Visual Voicemail working, however I cannot say the same will be for everyone. The AT&T manager said they pushed a special carrier update to my phone to enable the features manually. I'm not sure if they updated those settings for every new activation or not, so I cannot say your mileage will be the same. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb