Lumia 640 XL [W10 AVAILABLE]

Miguel Correia

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if anyone noticed but i just went to check if there is any build available for my 640XL dual sim on the insider preview app....and it enrolled it's currently downloading the update.

Last edited:

Miguel Correia

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
So here is my feedback about W10 DP for 640XL Dual-SIM.

First of all if you own a 640 and you use it as your daily device, postpone W10 a bit longer.

Whats wrong in this build so far:

Apps Crash randomly
Syncing problems
Some serious overheat all the time
Slow
Nearly every single app does not work as it should
Sometimes hardware keys stop working like volume and the lock button
The action bar keeps "locked" on the bottom of the screen very often
Action center just displays the Wifi shortcut all the rest turns gray and even the Wifi shortcut doesn't works
Apps don't pin on the start screen, they do, but you have to try several times
Random white backgrounds in some settings like when trying to change the lock screen
Can't change lockscreen, i've tried several time but no luck so far
UI text is too small
Lacks responsiveness very often
If you are lucky you restart the phone and all its fine but after a few minutes all gets messy somehow.

Hope that it helps if you are not sure about installing it or not.

gedster314

Jun 20, 2007
Visit site
Don't do the Windows 10 update. Kind of flakey, had to hard reset 3 times before I got it installed correctly. Don't like the small Notification toolbar or small app drawer. Had to increase the text size. I want to go back but can't find original firmware and the recovery tool only gives me the option to reinstall 10.

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Pavstar619

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Ur asking me? Well I don't want my phone to burnout(overheat) since I play heavily nowadays. Also there's alot of games on my phone and I still haven't learned how the Backup options work on WindowsPhones yet(Used Titanium on Android). Don't wanna risking losing my precious months of game progress in Final Fantasy :eek:rly:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans