What was the first reason to buy Lumia 640XL?

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
It's been more than 2 months 15 days since I bought my Lumia 640XL. Now, I would like to ask

Why did you bought Lumia 640XL?
What was the first reason behind your purchase?
Did you gifted this to anyone?
Did the 1 year of Office 365 pack attracted you?
Did the screen made you purchase?
Did you bought it by loving the specifications? Screen-size? Battery? Camera? Low price?
Did the price of the device tempted you to purchase?
Is this your first Microsoft/Lumia device pre-order? How do you feel about it?
or
Is there any other reason behind the purchase?

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
As I am fed up with the heating issues over BlackBerry and I always wanted to try Windows Phone and try couple and it turned bit bad first and good later.
Battery came first into my mind and in this point, 640XL never let me down till date.
Then comes the SUPERB! screen size along with beautiful clarity which I love most.
These two reasons make me feel that I made a right choice without any thought.

My main motto was to reduce stress on my eyes and get a device of company that has a steady growth.

Awais Bilal

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I used 2 windows based phablets 1520 and 1320 , I enjoyed 1320 more 1520 had reception and ghost touch issues.. I am a fan of big screen phones and longer battery life is my requirement so I bought 640xl... So far its perfect and I am enjoying it.

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a 925, I was looking for something with better battery life. I will also admit to a little screen size envy as my wife recently got the iphone 6 +. Just ordered mine today so hopefully I will like it.

anon(9140902)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I have not bought one, however if I were to buy one it would be because it supports WCDMA Band 4, which is used is Canada by Wind Mobile and Mobilicity.

oh, and because I like Windows Phone, I've got a Lumia 830, but it doesn't have WCDMA Band 4

RichardTheKing

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I have enjoyed a lot my 1320 so the next logical step forward was to buy the 1520 which was a disappointment (poor network reception, phantom touch) so I decided to move on and I have bought the 640 XL LTE dual sim. It should arrive next week .

s3iryu

May 26, 2015
Visit site
At first I just wanna try a Windows phone, and seeing the price is not too high, I bought one. Was torn between 640 and 640 XL, but in the end spent little bit more to get the XL with better camera.

After 2 weeks, I'm in love with it. The camera, battery life, the smoothness of Windows mobile, ClearBlack display, Glance Screen. In my country it is actually $10 cheaper than when my previous Moto G from a year earlier, but the performance and features is a whole lot better.

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Cool. Then post us pics of device. Let us know how do you feel about first look or impression on your 640XL
I have enjoyed a lot my 1320 so the next logical step forward was to buy the 1520 which was a disappointment (poor network reception, phantom touch) so I decided to move on and I have bought the 640 XL LTE dual sim. It should arrive next week .

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Keep us updated Steve. Also try Skype on this along with any other device. You will see the difference too. Tell us how does I looks beside iPhone and is it competing iPhone pretty well or not. I clearly support 640XL. But I would love to hear. :)
Coming from a 925, I was looking for something with better battery life. I will also admit to a little screen size envy as my wife recently got the iphone 6 +. Just ordered mine today so hopefully I will like it.

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
At first I just wanna try a Windows phone, and seeing the price is not too high, I bought one. Was torn between 640 and 640 XL, but in the end spent little bit more to get the XL with better camera.

After 2 weeks, I'm in love with it. The camera, battery life, the smoothness of Windows mobile, ClearBlack display, Glance Screen. In my country it is actually $10 cheaper than when my previous Moto G from a year earlier, but the performance and features is a whole lot better.

Glance is great on this and the bigger screen makes it more beautiful:)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I wanted something different...the 1520 is amazing but had the issues...wasn't sure I could go down to the 830 and knew the 640 Was weaker so I gave the XL a shot :p

Lullen

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I lost my 930 and was waiting (still am) for the flagship and wanted a cheap mobile but still an okay device until the flagship is released. The reason for not choosing the smaller version was that I wanted to try a bigger screen to help me decide if I should get 940 or 940 XL

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I lost my 930 and was waiting (still am) for the flagship and wanted a cheap mobile but still an okay device until the flagship is released. The reason for not choosing the smaller version was that I wanted to try a bigger screen to help me decide if I should get 940 or 940 XL

I'll probably get that 940XL I love that beast specs. I wish the browser and resume will be improved by that time. Just coz of these two issues, I'm using my Q10 where I love qwerty keyboard too

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Shot turned to be awesome or good? :p

Hmmm...overall...I am going to say it was good choice.
I miss my amazing camera on the back(I have to do more tweaks with the XL camera now), I Miss the slight speed increases(I am not used to loading/resuming lol) and a few apps don't work properly as i'd like. But i'd say the choice was good and I wholeheartedly can recommend it.

(Will be doing a review/comparison between both phones this weekend perhaps).

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm...overall...I am going to say it was good choice.
I miss my amazing camera on the back(I have to do more tweaks with the XL camera now), I Miss the slight speed increases(I am not used to loading/resuming lol) and a few apps don't work properly as i'd like. But i'd say the choice was good and I wholeheartedly can recommend it.

(Will be doing a review/comparison between both phones this weekend perhaps).

Love to see a lovely 1520 user recommending 640XL. I feel completely satisfied and yes, I don't even like those resuming one. I think its a feature on low and budget phones lol :p

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
The initial reason was the number of LTE bands supported in the international version (14). I bought the phone as a travelling phone so that and the dual sim feature was perfect. I also was interested to try a Windows Phone. Oddly enough, that has turned out to be as important as the bands. I am pretty sure I will get the new top end model that MS is rumored to be bringing out this Fall as my primary phone here at home.

<TED>

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm here because i concider buying one. Yesterday my 1520 lcd break and i'm torn between 830 and 640xl (more on 830 cause i already have phablet, wich will be repaired)..so i maybe get some encourage to get one reading yours comment and experiences.

Tokuro Yamashiro

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
here are my reasons...

• Dual Sim
  • LTE support for TMO US (well, this is more of must have, not a reason for getting this device per se)
  • ok to decent camera (13M back 5M front)
  • big screen (not about resolution per se but larger, easier to read screen)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo