Expansys 640 xl comes with warranty?

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Just got off a live chat with Microsoft Tech support to answer this question. Apparently the phone comes with a 1 year manufacturers warranty, however when I asked where to register the device I was told Microsoft does not register phones. Not sure how they determine when your year is up. I would guess keep all e-mails from Expansys to prove when the device was purchased.

Woodman1914

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Just got off a live chat with Microsoft Tech support to answer this question. Apparently the phone comes with a 1 year manufacturers warranty, however when I asked where to register the device I was told Microsoft does not register phones. Not sure how they determine when your year is up. I would guess keep all e-mails from Expansys to prove when the device was purchased.

Thanks for checking with Microsoft, I assumed because this was an international/Chinese version there would be no warranty in the USA. I'm curious how good the warranty support will actually be, but at least it provides some degree of peace-of-mind.

WW

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Woodman, I'm in the same boat you are having the international / Chinese version but living in the states. I may have to go back to Microsoft as all I told them originally was that I had purchased the phone from an online vendor (in my case ebay). I don't see why the international version would not be covered though as they are still brand new and still Microsoft.

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
It is there in writing in the terms and conditions under warranty. 6 months.
"EXPANSYS USA will facilitate the warranty procedure for the customer for 6 months from the date of sale." Expansys rep says this is a 6 month in house warranty.

Woodman1914

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
It is there in writing in the terms and conditions under warranty. 6 months.
"EXPANSYS USA will facilitate the warranty procedure for the customer for 6 months from the date of sale." Expansys rep says this is a 6 month in house warranty.

Sorry, I missed it, I do see it in paragraph 2.4. Thanks.

WW

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
From the rep- Warranty is serviced through Expansys per our terms and conditions. Standard coverage is 6 months, but we also offer an extended service plan that bumps that up to 18 months for $24.99.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Having just had a 930 repaired via them I can vouch for their 6 month warranty and that they stood behind it. My 930 was a non-US variant and at around 5 months it developed a screen issue. I called them and they set up the RMA and took care of it, I get it back Monday! I recommend you buy the extra warranty since there is no other recourse for a non-US phone in the US. MS stores won't touch them, can't register them for repairs and ship them overseas, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos