Hello,

I am resident of India and purchased Lumix 640XL phone couple of days back. I am facing couple of issues even after resetting my phone.

1. Storage Sense is taking long and only showing "Updating......" message. I have SANDISK 32 GB SD Card installed in my phone and Storage Sense is just showing "updating....." message for SD Card also.

2. I am not able to activate Reset Protection option and when in FIND MY Phone settings there is no option coming to enable it. I have registered my phone in Microsoft account and from Microsoft account I can send RING to my phone. I have also checked already reset protection for my phone is OFF.

Please help me to resolve both issues.

Thanks and regards,

Anurag
    07-05-2015 09:17 AM
    Hello, Anurag, welcome to Windows Central.

For #1, how "long" have you waited for Storage Sense to finish "updating"? In my L1020, with 32GB of phone storage, it takes around 5-10 minutes depending on the time I last run the app - I think it went as long as 15 minutes at some point. Nonetheless, after waiting, I was able to view the categories properly.
    Harrie-S and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-05-2015 11:53 AM
    Anurag,
    Did you format the card in your device initially? That is always a good idea. Another thing to consider: is it possible that your SD Card is a counterfeit? I have read that there are a lot of counterfeit cards out there, that look authentic, but do not work properly, so it is important to buy from a reliable source. Is your card a class 10? I've read that class 4 cards can be problematic, while others say their class 4 card is working fine for them.

I have a SanDisk Ultra UHS-1/Class 10 microSDHC 32GB 48MB/s card purchased from Amazon.com (not marketplace) and while I have only had my AT&T Lumia 640 XL LTE (RM-1063) for just a few days, all seems to be working fine (including Storage Sense). I formatted the card in my device before I started using it, believing that this is a good thing to do.
    Last edited by Lilla45; 07-05-2015 at 07:06 PM.
    Laura Knotek and gpobernardo like this.
    07-05-2015 02:27 PM
    Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I have formatted my SD card before using it in my phone but it did not help. Also, I have started storage sense option tomorrow and till now it is just showing me "Updating....." message.

I have SanDisk Ultra UHS-1/Class 10 microSDHC 32GB which I had purchased from Amazon.in website, I had also tried to remove SD card from phone and tried storage sense without SD card but waited very long time but same status message "Updating....".

I am not really sure what is a problem, there is no update available for this phone now which can resolve my issue.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks and regards,

Anurag
    gpobernardo likes this.
    07-06-2015 09:48 AM
    Anurag,

Thoughts:
    * Consider: Is there any chance your SIM card is bad. As a test, try removing SIM card, and see if Storage Sense works properly.
    * Power down your phone, then remove battery, sim card, and memory card. And then reinstall them to assure that all are seated properly.
    * Try doing a reset. Three kinds/levels of reset can be perform. AT&T online help describes Reset this way:
    "Reset: Perform a soft, factory, and alternate master reset of the device."

I would start with the least destructive and work my way up. You might want to backup your device before you start.

AT&T provides a nice video showing how to perform each type/level of reset. They also provide a nice interactive tutorial on this.
    To view the video and tutorial, go to Cell Phone & Tablet Support - AT&T How-To Center and then search for reset.
    While this instruction is provided by AT&T, I suspect it applies to all Lumia 640 XL devices.

If after trying the above, if the problem persists, it is probably time to see if you can return/exchange the device with the place you purchased it, or with Microsoft if it is warrantied by them. I purchased my phone from Microsoft Store (USA) online and they have a 30 day return policy.

Good luck. And please keep us posted on how it's going.

Lilla
    gpobernardo likes this.
    07-07-2015 02:05 PM