I love my Week old 640XL BUT........

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
After having a 1020 I really miss the dedicated Camera Button. As soon as a replacement for my 1020 comes out I'm there.
This 640XL is a temporary phone, the only reason I bought it was to have a phone with the latest hardware so I would get win 10 and all it features.

But if your wondering about what SD card to get I just bought and installed a SD 128GB SD card and working great no issues Grabbed it on Amazon for $80.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3147986
I had 1st installed an old 16gb SD card just go get bye till I could get my new card.
that one gave me a lot of problems, if I did a soft reset, shut off the phone or just sitting idle it would throw an error and say scan and fix SD card yes or no, once I installed the 128 problem solved works great.
I love this 640Xl

The only problem I see and it's the developers fault, is only having 8GB's of storage on the phone certain Developers won't allow an app to install on the SD card only on the phone, so because of this I only have about 2 GB left on the internal storage, not fair. Even FB, Messenger as well as some of the Band Apps.
But when I 1st got the phone the battery was draining fast so I factory reset the phone runs better and battery life is now excellent.
The only thing I've noticed since the Factory reset is it rebooted itself yesterday, other than that a great device.
:grin:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
After having a 1020 I really miss the dedicated Camera Button. As soon as a replacement for my 1020 comes out I'm there.
This 640XL is a temporary phone, the only reason I bought it was to have a phone with the latest hardware so I would get win 10 and all it features.

I agree about the lack of a camera button having the 640 in lieu of the 640XL.
This trend of discluding the camera button for me is a real disappointment.
I think not having the camera button on phones with a decent camera is a design failure.

Looks like the phone makers think they know whats best for the user in spite of what users want.
Frankly I'm tiring of disappearing features in phones.

No hardware camera button on any phone makes no sense to me.

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
MSFT did it to save money to offer the phone Cheaper. All flagships will have the camera button. Just not the low to midrange phones, I see there point, but I would have been willing to pay the extra for the button, it's real pain taping the camera icon on the screen to take the shot.
But I will say this the camera is very fast taking the shot opposed to my 1020, just wish it had the same MP's as my 1020.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Leaving the camera button out is lazy engineering in my opinion.
The cost savings has to be negligible I'm thinking.

Nokia phones used to be renowned for their cameras and photo features.
Under Microsoft's watch the hardware camera button is no more in low end phones.
This shows me MS could care less about what Nokia phones are famous for.

Microsoft should sell off the phone hardware division to someone who cares.

Fin-Tomi

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Missing camera button is even more annoying when you have PIN lock on your phone.

On Lumia 1020 camera button opened camera despite PIN lock so that you were able to take a picture.

SamiHanna

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
I came from a Ativ S and I agree with your problems. I have the same problem you had with your old SD card and I hate it. It really bothers me that i have no camera button but I can just double tap the screen, go to the action centre and click on the camera app without having to insert my PIN code. The 8gb sucks, 4gb on the phone is already being used for the system and you also have the Lumia apps installed to that means you'll only have a few gb's left. Good thing you can delete all the Lumia apps and reinstall them on your SD.

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes that's exactly right, but what about Dev that don't allow an App to install on the SD card that's even worse when your limited for space. Why would they do that makes no sense to me.so far it's been Band apps and FB messenger and I'm sure FB won't either since messenger will only install on the phone not the card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett