Save Emails in SD Card & Email Apps

pranavdxb

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Dear All,

Hello. I bought a MS 640xl a few weeks back. I synced my email using the default app but noticed it is saved on the phone memory despite of having a 32 GB SD card. Is there any way I can save all of it on the SD Card. Or is there any good third party email app that can help me to do it. Can there be security concerns where it comes to privacy with these apps. I am looking to sync my gmail/icloud/outlook for the same.

Any help is appreciate !!

Pranav

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
To the best of my awareness, email is stored only on the phone's memory. The same is true for Windows 10 for Mobile (as of build 10166). There are very few third party email apps. Metro Mail is an option but I would expect that it, too, would store its files in the phone's memory and not on the SD card.

Woodman1914

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Same here, haven't figured this out. So with the OS itself, emails, and maps, I'm almost completely out of room on the main memory. Hope Win10 will allow at least the maps to go to sd.

WW

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Same here, haven't figured this out. So with the OS itself, emails, and maps, I'm almost completely out of room on the main memory. Hope Win10 will allow at least the maps to go to sd.

WW
Maps on WP8 can be stored on the SD Card. You have to configure that in storage sense. You will need to delete and download your maps again for that to be effective (if I recall correctly).

Woodman1914

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Maps on WP8 can be stored on the SD Card. You have to configure that in storage sense. You will need to delete and download your maps again for that to be effective (if I recall correctly).

I'm not sure about WP8, I have WP8.1 update 2, in storage sense, my 4 options are : 1) store new music, videos, and podcasts on my 2) Store new photos on my 3) Store new apps on my 4) store new downloads on my

All 4 are set to SD card, and map downloads still go to main memory.

WW

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Looks like a hack/workaround might be available, if you're up for trying it:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-ability-move-offline-maps-storage-cards.html

Specifically, Ultrashricco posted the following:

"You can bring offline map storage to SD card back by modifying 3 registry keys, like so:
(h t t p : / /)forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=58147674#post58147674
You will need to developer-unlock the phone first with the WP SDK, and then install vcREG to be able to edit the registry: (h t t p : / /)forum.xda-developers.com/windows-phone-8/help/qa-vcreg-lumia-reg-editor-live-interop-t3135348

It is long and somewhat complicated, but it worked on my Lumia 640!"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb