10-01-2016 06:33 PM
266 ... 91011
tools
    Updated my phone to windows 10 Mobile. It will take me some time to get used to new things. Some apps don't work that smoothly
    And I also need to know some things that I don't know about like how to get the windows 10 version of apps such as the Windows Central app since I'm still using the windows 8.1 version of it.
    06-23-2016 11:37 AM
    Just search windows central and u will see other app too
    djeire84 and libra89 like this.
    06-24-2016 01:36 PM
    Updated my phone to windows 10 Mobile. It will take me some time to get used to new things. Some apps don't work that smoothly

And I also need to know some things that I don't know about like how to get the windows 10 version of apps such as the Windows Central app since I'm still using the windows 8.1 version of it.

It took me a while to get used to it at first but once you do its like where has it been all your life lol. ☺
    Fire 29 likes this.
    06-24-2016 08:35 PM
    The new Windows Central app is a separate app. Try searching "Mobile Nations" in the store to find it. It will suggest the new Windows Central app as you are typing.
    Fire 29 likes this.
    06-24-2016 10:58 PM
    The new Windows Central app is a separate app. Try searching "Mobile Nations" in the store to find it. It will suggest the new Windows Central app as you are typing.

Thanks.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-25-2016 09:04 AM
    I've been using the ATT Nokia 830 until it got bricked with the recent OTA push to WM10. Will the 640XL accept the latest ATT version of WM10? Or insider previews?
    07-31-2016 01:05 PM
    I've been using the ATT Nokia 830 until it got bricked with the recent OTA push to WM10. Will the 640XL accept the latest ATT version of WM10? Or insider previews?
    Hi. I have an unlocked 640 XL I purchased a couple of weeks ago and am now running the anniversary update via windows insider slow ring.

So far so good. Though I noticed there seems to be some text scaling issues on some sites I have been on. Don't know what to do for that, but it seems to be fine for the most part and working well.

Battery life has been great on my 640 XL and scrolling and texting have been smooth and fluid. The 640 Xl for me so far has been an excellent value and I love the 5.7" screen on this little beast.
    The polycarbonate back feels well made, no creaking so far. Solid in the hand.
    A great buy for the money with a great camera, glance and DDTW.

Highly recommend this phone !
    gmfeld, djeire84 and glossywhite like this.
    07-31-2016 06:54 PM
    Thanks all for the wonderful feedback ☺
    08-17-2016 09:19 PM
    Had my 640XL for just over a year now. Updated last week to Win 10 and Anniversary update.

Really enjoying the phone.

Big pluses for me that I've noticed...
    SD card read times are faster... 128 Gb card, 80 gb music, 3 Gb photos, really quick now.
    Love the transparent tiles for the App icons, superb.
    Glance screen and double tap to wake and sleep still there, I love those features.
    Battery Life as good as ever, Stand by slightly better, 3% over 8 hours.
    Still have just under 3GB spare of Internal memory.

By far the best value for money phone I have ever had.

My original review, September 2015, below...

Hi, new to the forum. Have been looking here (and elsewhere) for my next phone (coming from an HTC Mini). Finally got the Lumia 640 XL and a 128 Gb Lexar Micro SD Card.
    All I can say is... Brilliant. For what I need it worked out BY FAR the most value for money (more so than I could have hoped for).
    I have spoken to a guy at work who was anti Windows from a few years ago. Showed him mine and he bought one the next day and loves it.

For me I needed...
    Big Screen.
    Big Storage (Music, Photos, Videos).
    Good Cameras.
    Removable Battery (ability to have a swappable spare if needed).
    Over a Day's Battery Life.
    Good Telephone conversation quality.
    4G LTE
    Decent Music Quality Playback.
    Sturdy Construction.
    Good Visibility in daylight.
    Email.
    Text.
    Browsing.
    FM Radio
    Off Line Maps

I am more than impressed. Brilliant Device.
    Last edited by Duke111; 09-02-2016 at 05:31 PM.
    Timbre70 likes this.
    09-02-2016 08:01 AM
    Had my 640XL for just over a year now. Updated last week to Win 10 and Anniversary update.

Really enjoying the phone.

Big pluses for me that I've noticed...
    SD card read times are faster... 128 Gb card, 80 gb music, 3 Gb photos, really quick now.
    Love the transparent tiles for the App icons, superb.
    Glance screen and double tap to wake and sleep still there, I love those features.
    Battery Life as good as ever, Stand by slightly better, 3% over 8 hours.
    Still have just under 3GB spare of Internal memory.

By far the best value for money phone I have ever had.

My original review, September 2015, below...

Hi, new to the forum. Have been looking here (and elsewhere) for my next phone (coming from an HTC Mini). Finally got the Lumia 640 XL and a 128 Gb Lexar Micro SD Card.
    All I can say is... Brilliant. For what I need it worked out BY FAR the most value for money (more so than I could have hoped for).
    I have spoken to a guy at work who was anti Windows from a few years ago. Showed him mine and he bought one the next day and loves it.

For me I needed...
    Big Screen.
    Big Storage (Music, Photos, Videos).
    Good Cameras.
    Removable Battery (ability to have a swappable spare if needed).
    Over a Day's Battery Life.
    Good Telephone conversation quality.
    4G LTE
    Decent Music Quality Playback.
    Sturdy Construction.
    Good Visibility in daylight.
    Email.
    Text.
    Browsing.
    FM Radio
    Off Line Maps

I am more than impressed. Brilliant Device.

Absolutely brilliant review. Yes WP10 AU is amazing on it!

Happy your enjoying it 😊
    Timbre70 likes this.
    09-07-2016 03:03 PM
    For anyone who wants a Lumia 640 XL the phone has a 5.7 inch screen at about 294 ppi so the screen is not extremely amazing or anything but its okay. With a 1.2 GHz snapdragon 400 processor, its not incredibly fast but it will get the job done. The camera is decent, overall a big phone with average specs, its a pretty good phone and I would buy it.
    djeire84 likes this.
    09-07-2016 03:26 PM
    I really like my big orange phone. With windows updates and exchangeable covers, I never feel bored with it. Screen is big and easy to read, even in sunlight. Music, maps and books go on my sd card, so I'm never hurting for storage. The OS is stable (running windows 10 AU), it just works ya know? I wear cargo jeans, so the large size doesn't bother me, for some the size might be too much. As a phone, e-reader, music player, GPS, and PDA it works really well (Cortana rocks). It's not a super phone, but it can be found new for less than $150 these days and it's been dependable and capable of doing the things I want from a smartphone. Edit: I'm impressed with the camera quality also.
    djeire84 likes this.
    09-12-2016 01:09 PM
    I've had mine for about...3 months now? Had to change the battery cover recently due to a nasty drop, but the screen survived intact. The speaker was a little crackly after the drop, but has since straightened out. This phone is a trooper!
    djeire84 likes this.
    09-12-2016 08:12 PM
    I had my first 640 XL (LTE) for almost a year, and then I sold it back in early spring (if I recall) when money was short. I am currently looking out for another, having tried the astonishingly awful 650 - the 640 XL is a tank, and really takes a lot of beating as regards size, screen quality, battery longevity, camera quality... on and on. I have the "new" Moto G4, which is extremely fast and the camera is just "OK", but the Lumia 640 XL is lined up and in my sights again. The Zeiss lens on the camera is wonderful, as a photographer.

So yes, in summary, very much worth buying!
    09-16-2016 05:49 PM
    I had my first 640 XL (LTE) for almost a year, and then I sold it back in early spring (if I recall) when money was short. I am currently looking out for another, having tried the astonishingly awful 650 - the 640 XL is a tank, and really takes a lot of beating as regards size, screen quality, battery longevity, camera quality... on and on. I have the "new" Moto G4, which is extremely fast and the camera is just "OK", but the Lumia 640 XL is lined up and in my sights again. The Zeiss lens on the camera is wonderful, as a photographer.

So yes, in summary, very much worth buying!

Great to hear a professional photographer bugging up the camera its great with all the updates to WP10.
    09-28-2016 03:50 PM
    Someone actually noticed number 2
    10-01-2016 06:33 PM
266 ... 91011