Lumia 640XL cracked camera, where can I buy a new one?

Janno Alleman

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 640XL cracked camera

Hey fellow windows users, i managed to somehow crack my rear camera lens and now every time sun shines and i take a photo there is a big distortion. Does anyone have any experience with that type of a problem or knows how to fix it? I would rather fix it myself than take it to repair. If anyone knows where to buy a new glass for the camera please tell.
Thanks in advance !

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Option 1: buy a broken phone, take the phone apart, remove camera, dis assemble your phone, replace the camera.
Option 2: wait for someone to sell a camera module (ebay, etc) start -^

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
After watching the video, it looks like the camera lens cover is on the midframe piece. It is likely that you cracked that, as opposed to the camera itself.

Now, the question is, can you get just that lens, or do you have to buy the whole midframe. I am wondering if that lens cover is the same as one for a 1520. The 1520 ones are easy to find, but a quick scan didn't turn up any for the 640 XL. If you could use a 1520 part, you don't even have to take off the midframe.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 640XL cracked camera

You will just have to have a camera removal tool. It looks like a tong/closed wrench picker that picks the camera piece itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2